Windows 10: EaseUS Todo Backup - File Miode

Discus and support EaseUS Todo Backup - File Miode in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have just installed EaseUS Todo Backup v13.5. Has anyone tried recovering a file(s) using File mode (from a Disk/Partition backup). See page 33 in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by geoffL, Aug 7, 2021.

1. geoffL Win User

EaseUS Todo Backup - File Miode

I have just installed EaseUS Todo Backup v13.5. Has anyone tried recovering a file(s) using File mode (from a Disk/Partition backup). See page 33 in the EaseUS Todo Backup User Guide. The process took about 20 minutes for a single file. I clicked the Finish button then went to File Explorer to check the file. - it still contained the changes that I had deliberately made immediately before starting the file recovery. The amended file was NOT replaced by the earlier file. I tried again, This time the process ran for over 30 minutes before the dialog came up with references to drive C: The file I was trying to recover was on drive D; (my Data drive). So I cancelled the operation. There are other problems with File Mode: 1, You can't open the file to read it before deciding to recover. 2, The 'Proceed' button is active even when no files have been selected. 3.The completion bar shows 5% from start until completion when it suddenly changes to 100%. 4. During the whole recovery process the 'Estimated time remaining' is blank. 5. It is too easy to accidentally select files and folders that you do NOT want to recover. 6. During the file recovery process, the dialog does not indicate the name of the file being recovered. It would give some comfort and reassurance to the user if the dialog confirmed the name of the chosen file. The File Mode option in Disk Recovery should be removed until EaseUS can make it work correctly and efficiently. Recovering an individual file using the Windows File Explorer method (without launching EaseUS Todo Backup) seems to work OK (see page 39 in the EaseUS Todo Backup User Guide).

:)

geoffL, Aug 7, 2021
  2. SIW2 Win User

EaseUS todo backup

1. Click disk and partition backup

EaseUS Todo Backup - File Miode [​IMG]

2. EITHER tick the box next to the Disk - then you could untick any partitions you don't want to include

3. OR - hover over a partition and a checkbox appears. Make sure boxes of any partitions you want image are ticked (in this case, I only ticked one partition)

4. Click Browse to select destination of image file.

It is suggesting L:\My Backups as destination - you can change that by browsing to a different destination

SIW2, Aug 7, 2021
  3. huffman Win User
    EaseUS todo backup

First thanks for all the responses..

Here is where EaseUS opens:

On the right is where I would normally make the backup for he Cdrive. How it selects the D drive for creating the backup, I have NO idea.

Now I want create a back by a different window in EaseUS. I would select "Disk/Partition backup on the left.

This is the next window to open:

I see where to select the destination, but HOW do I tell it which partition to backup??

Then when I get it backed up, how would I restore the backup image to the Cdrive?

BTW I am using the free version of EaseUS todo.

Any help is appreciated.

huffman, Aug 7, 2021
  4. tb75252 Win User

Edit Backup Plan for EaseUS Todo Backup Free

Hi. It looks like I might be misunderstanding how EaseUS Todo Backup Free works...
    The attached screen capture shows what I see once EaseUS is launched. "File Backup" is the name of the backup plan that I have created. I am basically backing up files from my PC.

If I click on Advanced -> Edit Plan, where is the option to check whether "File Backup" is set up to do a Full, Differential, or Incremental backup? Selecting the Backup Options button also does not show such information...

tb75252, Aug 7, 2021
Thema:

1. EaseUS Todo Backup - File Miode - Similar Threads - EaseUS Todo Backup

2. EaseUs Todo Backup - upgrade or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EaseUs Todo Backup - upgrade or not?: Hi; I have the home (paid) version 11.5 Todo Backup on Windows 10 - single user license. Every time I start the program, I am reminded that there is a newer version available, but I have always declined, since the version I have seems to be working fine. So now, with version...
  3. EaseUS todo backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    EaseUS todo backup: I am hoping someone knows how to use this software better than I do. I have it installed and can make a "Cdrive" backup on my Ddrive partition. I would like to make the same backup image on and external Hard Drive. I do NOT see anyway to do that. Can someone give me so...
  4. EaseUS todo backup

EaseUS todo backup: I am hoping someone knows how to use this software better than I do. I have it installed and can make a "Cdrive" backup on my Ddrive partition. I would like to make the same backup image on and external Hard Drive. I do NOT see anyway to do that. Can someone give me so...
  5. EaseUS Todo Backup

EaseUS Todo Backup: I have EaseUS Todo Backup installed and have made a restore image and copied the restore image to an external drive . I have also made a recovery DVD incase Windows will not boot. I have to use this instead if Macrium Reflect because of some kind of problem with my RAM....
  6. EaseUS Todo Backup

in Windows 10 Support
    EaseUS Todo Backup: I have EaseUS Todo Backup installed and have made a restore image and copied the restore image to an external drive . I have also made a recovery DVD incase Windows will not boot. I have to use this instead if Macrium Reflect because of some kind of problem with my RAM....
  7. Easeus todo backup software problem

Easeus todo backup software problem: I have easeus todo backup home 11.5 I had to reinstall my windows 10 but, before I did, I made a full system backup to to an externel HD On my PC I have a 256 G SSD drive and a 1TB HD (HP Omen PC) In the todo recovery screen of I have 2 options, I have to pick one or the...
  8. Can't open pbd files (EaseUS Todo Backup)

Can't open pbd files (EaseUS Todo Backup): So I installed the app a few days ago, and created pbd images can be opened through explorer (Todo Backup adds a dll library or something, I don't know exactly how they do it). But I had to uninstall, then I restored a copy... now pbd files does not open. Something that looks...
  9. Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?

Is it EaseUS Todo Backup that simple?: I was trying out this backup system, and to my surprise, both disk/partition backup and system backup have finished fairly soon. Also, I was expecting a shutdown for a full system partition backup, but both were done online while I was working on other stuff. Is it really...
  10. easeus todo backup free

easeus todo backup free: 14GB image for an MR image would make me check out the MR image in a hurry -- something must have gone wrong during the backup process; I guess that concept applies to EaseUS also.