Windows 10: Easiest way to block device access to a web site?

Discus and support Easiest way to block device access to a web site? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my children, adult but special-needs, can't be trusted with his Facebook account. I'm otherwise comfortable with his using his computer, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asus2016, Aug 11, 2020.

1. asus2016 Win User

Easiest way to block device access to a web site?

One of my children, adult but special-needs, can't be trusted with his Facebook account. I'm otherwise comfortable with his using his computer, but would like to block his access to Facebook. Not just by changing the password and not saving it, but completely blocking his online access to even the login page.

From what I read, the best options are:

1. Blocking via router - but won't work for me; my [email protected] 5260 can only block websites for all devices or none
    2. Setting up a "child" user account with parental controls - not really optimal here; his account on his computer is fine as is, and unless I can just make it a "child" account, to put on parental controls, without setting up a new account, I don't want this route
    3. Edit the hosts file - I've done this before, years ago, and it worked fine. Not too elegant, but works

Based on what I say here, are there other easy options for me?

:)

asus2016, Aug 11, 2020

2. Web Site Blocked??? Fix This! (WHAT FILTER???)

on both Chrome and Edge when I try to access the Windows Blog it says "Web Site Blocked By Filter". (the list works, just when I click a post it goes to the website blocked.

Martin{1}., Aug 11, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Is there a simple way to adjust (change) my web site rating when I get a pop up block?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which web browser are you using?
    If you’re using Microsoft EDGE then, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To turn on pop-up blocker follow the steps below

• Open Microsoft Edge browser. Click on "More actions" link (...) at right side on address bar

• In "More actions" menu, Click on "Settings" to open Settings screen.

• In "Settings" screen, click "View advanced settings" button below "Advanced settings"

• In "Advanced settings" screen, turn ON toggle button below the "Block pop-ups" to block the pop-ups. Turn OFF toggle button to unblock the pop-ups

If you’re using Internet Explorer then, I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...rity-privacy-settings#ie=ie-11&pop-up_blocker

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Easiest way to block device access to a web site?

Is there a way to block steam from home network ??

Offline mode would be easiest, as newtekie suggested.

DanishDevil, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Easiest way to block device access to a web site?

1. Easiest way to block device access to a web site? - Similar Threads - Easiest block device

2. failure to access web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    failure to access web sites: My Toshiba laptop refuses to access certain but not all sites. It does not matter which browser I use. My OS is Win 10. As an example: For Amazon and Ebay, the message is " Cannot find site." Yet, it does access e.g. Apple and some other sites without difficulty. I checked...
  3. failure to access web sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    failure to access web sites: My Toshiba laptop refuses to access certain but not all sites. It does not matter which browser I use. My OS is Win 10. As an example: For Amazon and Ebay, the message is " Cannot find site." Yet, it does access e.g. Apple and some other sites without difficulty. I checked...
  4. how to enable a blocked web site

how to enable a blocked web site: I have been blocked out of you tube and dont know how to enable it. Need to display for my students science activity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-a-blocked-web-site/8529c01d-b6e0-41c5-9cec-13efa510c82a
  5. Accessing Web Sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing Web Sites: I try to get into certain web sites and get a message saying that I need permission. how do i set up my comp to allow me to access all web sites ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-web-sites/bae33951-25c9-4a4a-b166-71fcda280bf8
  6. Access to Web sites

Access to Web sites: Several very safe sites come up with "Access Denied on the this terminal. This is a home, private computer so how do I change the permissions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-web-sites/b9b8822d-2528-49a4-bdaa-c16fc61539d8
  7. Access to a web site

Access to a web site: Why can I not access www.Canada.ca. with this computer. I have used it many times. I can reach it with other devices. How do I fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-a-web-site/ebfe7691-2881-47c2-9e9f-7b910fa4b115
  8. cannot access web site

cannot access web site: When I try to access my bank, I am given this message: sua/devicetag/error? This began to happen after I had cleared history and cache. It only happens with firefox. There is no problem with chrome. Is there a solution?...
  9. web site access denied

web site access denied: How to waste a day! Since I updated Windows 10 to 1809 today I have spent 4 hours or more trying to access a web site I could access prior to the update. Here is the error message and site. I understand this is only one site however I could access it yesterday prior to the...
  10. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Easiest way to block Windows Updates: Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer....