Windows 10: Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

Discus and support Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to benchmark my hardware to check it's functioning the way expected but to do that properly I need to close down unnecessary processes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by THX1138, Jul 23, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

I would like to benchmark my hardware to check it's functioning the way expected but to do that properly I need to close down unnecessary processes. How do I close every program or process that won't affect the benchmark (maybe this is a stupid thing to say but I don't want to close down anything that in some way allows hardware to perform optimally if there are any such programs).

There's a program called End It All but I've read it's not as effective on Win10 as it was on previous versions of Windows because it can't access all the processes.

:)

THX1138, Jul 23, 2017
  2. srfreeman Win User

How to stop unnecessary data collection on Windows 10

The easiest and most expedient way to stop anything you consider unnecessary concerning Microsoft software is simply to uninstall the software and close your Microsoft account(s). This applies regardless of your location.

srfreeman, Jul 23, 2017
  3. e61i running slow...

I think that the general suggestion is to close all applications running in the background. I'm not sure about E61, but on E65 you can see all applications currently running by pressing the Menu-button a couple of seconds. Then you will get a list with
    icons of all applications running, and you can close them by pressing the "c". (This is how it's done on the E65 - don't know about E61.)

The easiest way to close all unnecessary application is of course to restart the phone...

Cheers,

M

spritz---01, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

TairikuOkami, Jul 23, 2017
  5. Helmut Win User
    You don't need to do anything fancy, just don't run other applications at the time you run a benchmark. You know what you have installed and run, so you are the one with the knowledge.

In Windows 10 latest iteration:
    Settings > Gaming >
    Game Bar > OFF
    Game DVR > Background recording > OFF
    Game Mode > ON

You may not notice any difference, on mine it's not measurable.

I would not use any snake oil (feel good) application. Just promises and does nothing.

Helmut, Jul 23, 2017
  6. THX1138 Win User
    I don't know what you use your PC for but I use mine for a lot and have many processes start with Windows. If I thought it was enough to just close programs off the taskbar I wouldn't have asked. I think you may have been confused by Android task killers or PC cleaner/optimisers which are the only snake oil programs I know of.

THX1138, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking?

1. Easiest way to close all unnecessary processes before benchmarking? - Similar Threads - Easiest close unnecessary

2. What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the proper way to close unresponsive processes?: I used taskkill so far to kill unresponsive processes: Code: taskkill.exe /F /FI "status eq NOT RESPONDING" However I read this is not a safe way to close process! It could mess up registry, or Windows, or program data!!! There is also cmdlet: Stop-Process, it works...
  3. Easiest way to combine multiple videos into one?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to combine multiple videos into one?: I’m recording a cello duet tomorrow along with a speaking portion. What would be the simplest, quickest way to combine 2 or 3 videos into one? I’ll have to send off the video tomorrow and I have no idea where to start. submitted by /u/TheCheck77 [link] [comments]...
  4. Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another

Easiest Way to Back One Hardrive to another: Anyone have a direct way to get a backup image from one drive and store it as an image file on another in case I need it in the future? I think Windows can do this but it doesn't seem to work for me. Is there some sort of universal way to do this? I found AOMEI Backupper,...
  5. How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?

How to end all unnecessary background processes at once?: I work with a crappy laptop for gaming and ive been able optimize to make games run well on it on it with low settings, but it is really easy to slow down if a process starts eating up a bit too much memory. I then realized that about half of the memory being eaten up is...
  6. Easiest way to reinstall window?

Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  7. Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?

Easiest way to check the legitimacy of a flash drive?: Hey all! Sorry for another help post to flood this sub, with r/techsupport down I came here. I recently got this nifty usb flash drive from a friend for secret Santa. Windows says ~250GB of storage, which I am very skeptical of, especially due to how cheap it is on Amazon....
  8. easiest way to pin any windows?

easiest way to pin any windows?: easiest (1-click) way to pin any windows? that is another way of phrasing this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghk9ka/feature_how_to_have_the_desktop_show_a_realtime/ that idea was found by 1 person on...
  9. EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?: Hi I set my music to be played by windows media player, but it keeps being redirected to groove music player after i play it one time in widows media player. how can i either uninstall or disable Groove Music altogether? Thanks PS, Anyone know the Product Code for Groove...
  10. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Easiest way to block Windows Updates: Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which windows 10 processes to stop benchmarking