Windows 10: Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS?

Discus and support Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a desktop with several drives. I am prepping to sell to someone else. My pc was sold with Win10 Home I believe. I currently have Win10 Ed. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jmsnyc, Jun 21, 2020.

1. jmsnyc Win User

Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS?

I have a desktop with several drives. I am prepping to sell to someone else. My pc was sold with Win10 Home I believe. I currently have Win10 Ed.

My current Win10 Ed OS is currently identified as disk 3 , has my C drive and other system partitions. That drive I will remove and keep prior to selling.

The drive I want to install the original WinHome OS (with updates of course) is currently identified as Disk 2 with a drive letter of H.

I want to do this with minimal effort and prior to physically detaching any drives if possible. I also want to double check that if I install the OS on H if it will load as C once I do physically remove the other drive.?

Looking for suggestions on best way to do this prior to starting and also should I do full format first or wait until the install. Not sure if the built in reset feature should be used to .

Thanks in advance!

:)

jmsnyc, Jun 21, 2020
  2. PJLLB Win User

How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?)

I used the disk cloning software that came with my Samsung SSD. What brand did you get? There are various disk cloning packages available and many of the SSD brands come with them. I'm sure someone will suggest their favorite.

PJLLB, Jun 21, 2020
  3. petedread Win User
    Reinstall windows keep second OS

I want to reinstall my main OS, is there a way to back up boot manager so I don't have difficulties getting in to my second OS? It is on a separate hard drive.

petedread, Jun 21, 2020
  4. lemons94 Win User

New SSD; easiest way to move OS over?

Hi,

I currently have a SSHD which has Windows 10 on it and I'm getting a SSD for my OS to speed up boot times etc.

What's the easiest way to transfer my OS to the SSD? Can I make a system image or something along those lines? I still have my Windows 7 disk but I'm not sure if I can upgrade to 10 if I install 7 all over again.

Thanks for any help

lemons94, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Easiest way to reinstall OEM OS on different drive than current OS? - Similar Threads - Easiest reinstall OEM

2. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  3. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  4. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Easiest way to reinstall window?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Easiest way to reinstall window?: Over the past few months my PC has had some really weird issues. I don't think these are an effect of a virus, I have run full scans using Windows defender, Malwarebytes and Bitdefender and haven't found anything that could have caused these issues. Because of this I am...
  6. Backup/restore current OS with DISM to different drive same PC

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/restore current OS with DISM to different drive same PC: I want to copy the "Windows" partition from one drive to another drive inside same computer/laptop. I made a wim image with dism, and applied on the another drive's partition, also added entry for boot to Windows's boot manager. The source drive has SATA3, target drive has...
  7. Queston: Migrating OS to different Drive

Queston: Migrating OS to different Drive: To start off, here's what I have in my gaming PC: Samsung 960 EVO 500 GB M.2 SSD (This is where Windows 10 is installed along with some programs and a couple of games) Samsung 860 EVO 250 GB SSD (Currently connected via External connector from StarTech.com. Nothing is on it...
  8. Reinstall OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall OS: I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there anyway to reinstall windows 10. I contacted HP but they said this type of problem is not covered under my warranty because of...
  9. Os reinstall

Os reinstall: If i reinstall my os from boot menu by pendrive.will i lose my license of Os (will i lose my genuine os) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/os-reinstall/cdb8ad19-3c8d-4547-a062-4c8a46a13d75
  10. How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?)

How to move Windows 10 OS to another Drive (safest & Easiest way?): How do you move your installation windows 10 to another drive? safest & easiest way? Currently my OS win10 is on HDD, i want to move it into my new fresh SSD. Any help will be grateful. 37109