Windows 10: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

Discus and support Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Drcard:, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Drcard: Win User

Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that app from Windows’ Context Menu i.e. right click and click to run. Windows’ Context Menu is the one that appears when you right click a blank area of the Desktop or File Explorer. Run the command below and reboot to have that app added to Windows’ Context Menu and work to run/open the app. &n

:)

Drcard:, Feb 22, 2024

2. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs Diagram 'B' shows the extended list I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension. I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option. If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify. I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377543d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-.png

Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377544d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-b.png

Bandit012345, Feb 22, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377575d1666287089t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw-done.png
    I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave. It was not present in that Open With list. I used the Default Programs Editor:
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377576d1666287156t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw1.jpg
    Did you click Save...? You should have seen:
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377577d1666287188t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw2.jpg
    Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377578d1666287451t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-1.jpg
    - opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Feb 22, 2024
  4. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Thanks for the suggestion dalchina. Goldwave is already listed in there but still only appears after "Choose another app". - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for the link Try3 "Denis". I'm going to have to research more on this article because this level of registry editing is a little beyond me. I've already backed up through regedit and created a System Restore Point, but I'm a little fuzzy on how to precede. - - - Updated - - -
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu 377553d1666247186t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-owreg.png

Bandit012345, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

1. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu - Similar Threads - Easily Add App

2. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  3. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  4. Add Sync Center Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Sync Center Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Sync Center Context Menu in Windows How to Add Sync Center Context Menu in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use offline...
  5. Add View Owner to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add View Owner to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add View Owner to Context Menu in Windows How to Add View Owner to Context Menu in Windows [img] Information An permissions. The owner of an object (ex: file, folder, drive, or registry key) has the right to allow or deny access to that resource. Although...
  6. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...
  7. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  8. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...
  9. Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows How to Add Snipping Tool to Context Menu in Windows [img] Information You can use Snipping Tool to capture a screen shot, or snip, of any object on your screen, and then annotate, save, or share the image. This...
  10. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...