Windows 10: Easily open PowerShell or CMD in any folder with this registry file

Discus and support Easily open PowerShell or CMD in any folder with this registry file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, If you frequently work with the command line in Windows, you might find it useful to open a PowerShell or CMD prompt in a specific folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ajotah, May 8, 2023.

1. /u/Ajotah Win User

Easily open PowerShell or CMD in any folder with this registry file

Hi everyone,

If you frequently work with the command line in Windows, you might find it useful to open a PowerShell or CMD prompt in a specific folder without navigating to it manually. Fortunately, you can add two new options to the right-click menu of any folder to do just that, by using a registry file.

I have created a repository on GitHub called "Terminal-Here-Windows" that contains the registry file and some additional files to make it even easier to use.

Here's how to download and use it:

Go to the repository page at https://github.com/Ajotah98/Terminal-Here-Windows

Click on the green "Code" button and select "Download ZIP". This will download a ZIP archive containing the registry file and some other files.

Extract the contents of the ZIP archive to a folder of your choice.

Double-click the Terminal_here.reg file to merge its contents into the registry. Confirm any prompts that appear.

Once you've done this, you should be able to right-click any folder and see two new options in the context menu: "PowerShell here..." and "CMD here...". Selecting either of these options will open a new command prompt window in the selected folder.

Note that this file modifies the registry, so be careful when using it. I tested it myself on Windows 10 and it works as expected.

I hope anyone find this useful.

submitted by /u/Ajotah
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ajotah, May 8, 2023
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, May 8, 2023
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, May 8, 2023
  4. ddelo Win User

Difficulty in Powershell and following the instructions herein

The problem seems to be a “file not found” one.

So, please follow these steps:
    1. Download the .ps1 file from here and save it any place you want.
    2. Go to the folder you saved it, right click on the file, unblock it and then copy it [Ctrl-C]. If it’s saved in your Downloads folder, skip step 3
    3. Then go to your Downloads folder and paste it [Ctrl-V] there.
    4. Open Powershell as Administrator.
    5. Type the command Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force
    6. Type the command cd $env:USERPROFILE\Downloads
    7. Type the command .\RealtekAudioDriverIntegration.ps1

If everything fails, do the following:

1. Download the .ps1 file from here and save it any place you want in your C: drive.
    2. Open Powershell as Administrator.
    3. Type the command Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force
    4. Type the command dir C:\ "RealtekAudioDriverIntegration.ps1" -Recurse -ea 0 | Unblock-File
    5. Type the command dir C:\ "RealtekAudioDriverIntegration.ps1" -Recurse -ea 0 | select -First 1 | % { & $_.FullName }
    Then post the results here.

ddelo, May 8, 2023
Thema:

1. Easily open PowerShell or CMD in any folder with this registry file - Similar Threads - Easily open PowerShell

2. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?: I have a USB flash memory plugged into my laptop and I want to navigate to from PowerShell . Could show me how ?!Best, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-file-or-folder-exist-on-usb-drive/e7df9a27-127e-4013-a5da-cc9413857c92
  3. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?: I have a USB flash memory plugged into my laptop and I want to navigate to from PowerShell . Could show me how ?!Best, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-a-file-or-folder-exist-on-usb-drive/e7df9a27-127e-4013-a5da-cc9413857c92
  4. How to open a file or folder exist on usb drive from powershell or cmd ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  6. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  9. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Open folder with cmd?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Open folder with cmd?: Hello I would like to use cmd to open a specific folder in Windows Explorer on Windows 10. Does anyone know how to do that? OOrdner mit cmd öffnen?