Windows 10: Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings,

Discus and support Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings, in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Issues: Windows doesn't remember "sort by or other folder settings? Basically, it forgets folder view settings. Windows does not remember the size or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davidP7, Mar 2, 2021.

1. davidP7 Win User

Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings,

Issues:

Windows doesn't remember "sort by or other folder settings? Basically, it forgets folder view settings.

Windows does not remember the size or the position of a folder window when you reopen the folder.

An incorrect thumbnail image is displayed for a folder.

The thumbnail image does not appear in a folder.

Desktop icons location changes/resets after a screen refresh or after reboot.

Desktop icons take garbageload of time to load after reboot (Wont fix the issue caused by Shell extensions).

Possible Reasons:

Most probably Windows folder view settings exceeding its default storage value.

Windows Explorer icons cache could be corrupt.

:)

davidP7, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings,

Gripe with Windows 7/Vista

Googled "vista folder view settings".

First hit:

How to Reset Windows Explorer Folder View Settings to Make Vista Remember
    Windows Explorer Folder View settings

If that one doesn't work, there are lots more on the list.

Static~Charge, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings,

1. Easy all in one fix for Windows Explorer losing folders view settings, - Similar Threads - Easy fix Explorer

2. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  3. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing all folders: How do I view all folders on the left hand side using Version 16005.14326.20970.0?Also, how I can get the folder list to stay on the left so I can still see my reading pane?...
  4. Viewing all folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can not set the folder view in windows explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not set the folder view in windows explorer in Windows 10: This has been driving me nuts for months now. I have several Windows 10 computers and I prefer to view folders and files in the 'list view'. So I went to the view dropdown and l selected "list" then went to the 'File' tab, selected "Change folder and search options" and in...
  6. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  7. All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??

in Windows 10 Support
    All folders in Explorer display in Thumbnails view - Why??: Let me correct that subject line a bit. It happens in almost all Sub Folders. For example, This PC is an odd one. Sometimes it's in thumbnail view, other times it's in detail view. I suppose that depends on how you start This PC. This started about 3 weeks ago. I've been so...
  8. Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries View set to a folder will not apply to all it's sub folders: So, as suggested by Brink, I started a new thread for this issue. Brink you stated ''Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC". Yes, this is (supposed to be) true...
  9. Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10 [img] Information While browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that...
  10. Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Customize Many (Not All) Folders' View Settings: Hi, I have many folders that I want to set a specific custom setting for. I have about 100 folders (well, specifically, saved search files within File Explorer, that I want to open showing the results as View > Details, and only the details on top of Name & Date Modified....