Windows 10: Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads,

Discus and support Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads, in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I have to administer my moms computer remotely and she doesnt have an external drive or usb stick. I set her up with DropBox and could possibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Clef, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Clef Win User

Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads,

Hi, I have to administer my moms computer remotely and she doesnt have an external drive or usb stick. I set her up with DropBox and could possibly setup a WebDav server for her but I need to backup her user data/prodile so I could restore to this machine or another one. She mainly has files on desktop and downloads, and then uses apps like firefox, libreoffice, zoom, skype, and acrobat reader. Im not really a windows user so dont know what the easiest way to do this would be. I set her up with Firefox sync so i can at least keep the browser info easily accessed. I tries to get her to only keep files in DropBox but things inevitably end up on desktop and downloads

:)

2. Clef Win User

Hi, I have to administer my moms computer remotely and she doesn’t have an external drive or usb stick. I set her up with DropBox and could possibly setup a WebDav server for her but I need to backup her user data/prodile so I could restore to this machine or another one. She mainly has files on desktop and downloads, and then uses apps like firefox, libreoffice, zoom, skype, and acrobat reader. I’m not really a windows user so don’t know what the easiest way to do this would be. I set her up with Firefox sync so i can at least keep the browser info easily accessed. I tries to get her to only keep files in DropBox but things inevitably end up on desktop and downloads

3. Steve C Win User

Does she have a laptop or desktop PC? For either you could create a separate backup partition on the main disk and use Macrium Reflect Free to schedule full system backups to that partition. However, this dos not protect against disk failures. If she has a desktop, a better solution is to install another internal drive or connect and external USB drive and schedule Reflect backups to that. You can also control these backups remotely.

I use the Reflect backup to an external drive method to backup my father's PC.

Steve C, Jul 13, 2020
  4. arens Win User

[WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads, - Similar Threads - Easy backup user

2. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  3. Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Way to Create Desktop Shortcut for Apps: The only way I know of to create a desktop shortcut for an app is slightly complicated because I have to hunt down and search for the .exe file and then create a shortcut from that. This is a lot harder than it sounds because I find apps installed in multiple different...
  4. How to backup apps, data and files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup apps, data and files?: Hello,I am using Windows Insider as a Dev Channel, sadly Windows wants me to do a clean install of Windows in order to unenroll from Windows Insider. My concern is I have files and apps that I have along with my personal settings how can I backup this like I can with Apple...
  5. How to backup apps, data and files?

How to backup apps, data and files?: Hello,I am using Windows Insider as a Dev Channel, sadly Windows wants me to do a clean install of Windows in order to unenroll from Windows Insider. My concern is I have files and apps that I have along with my personal settings how can I backup this like I can with Apple...
  6. Transfer Windows& Data easy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows& Data easy?: Hey there, my SSD where windows is installed is saturated, I don’t have any storage left on it, so I bought a nvme m.2 SSD and I wanted to know: Is there a program or software that does data and os transfer from one to another drive? The program can cost money I dont care...
  7. Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads,

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy backup of user/app data, desktop, downloads,: Hi, I have to administer my moms computer remotely and she doesnt have an external drive or usb stick. I set her up with DropBox and could possibly setup a WebDav server for her but I need to backup her user data/prodile so I could restore to this machine or another one. She...
  8. Backup apps and data windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Backup apps and data windows 10: I want to backup my apps and data on windows 10 and do a clean install. submitted by /u/Re-Evolution7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ettvup/backup_apps_and_data_windows_10/
  9. backup data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup data: i reset my leptop(windows 10) , then all drives data is wipe out now how to bake that all data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-data/4e9ee438-ef2d-442b-b3f7-f48c2f87ec33
  10. permissions of apps / and data downloads .

permissions of apps / and data downloads .: Hello I cannot find where to turn off permissions of apps and data downloads , are you able to walk me through it,please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/permissions-of-apps-and-data-downloads/aa8452a0-9eea-4d14-8c46-74d0f4282c10