Windows 10: Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10

Discus and support Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; File Explorer in Windows 10 lets you organize your files in different ways, but you can also move your files to a different location, whether that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10

File Explorer in Windows 10 lets you organize your files in different ways, but you can also move your files to a different location, whether that is for archiving or backup purposes. For the purposes of this article, I will be organize a group of MP3 files, but the same instructions will work for different file types such as Office files (.docx, .xls, .pptx) or image files (.png, .jpeg).

Related: Windows 10 Tip: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer

Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end.

Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

It's an .exe right? Explorer probably read its icon (to a cache) when it was a "small" file and now call the quits when it finds "such a big" file.

If you want to delete it, use the console after killing explorer, you can run the console from TaskManager (Application -> New Task -> cmd). You might want to try copy the file to a different location (copy, not cut) and see if explorer can handle it in the new location before deleting it.

temp02, Oct 17, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10

1. Easy Guide: How to Move Files to Different Locations in File Explorer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Easy Guide Move

2. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?: I have found out that the .exe file is in the windows apps folder but I want to move it so I can add it to steam to stream. Steam does not recognize the path because the folder is blocking anything from viewing it. I think this is ok as long as Microsoft does not put files...
  3. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?: I have found out that the .exe file is in the windows apps folder but I want to move it so I can add it to steam to stream. Steam does not recognize the path because the folder is blocking anything from viewing it. I think this is ok as long as Microsoft does not put files...
  4. How can I move the Minecraft windows 10 .exe file to a different location?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. File Explorer shows different Locations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer shows different Locations: File Explorer shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video in the Cloud Onedrive and stored locally as I want it. File Explorer also shows Docs, Pictures, Music, Video folders under 'This PC' but the Docs and Pictures folders are the ones under OneDrive whereas the Music and Video...
  6. File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer

File Explorer/Photos: How to move favorite photos into a different folder in File Explorer: I am going through thousands of photos in File Explorer and would love to be able to quickly mark my favorite photos so I can move them into a different folder. When I click on a photo to view it, it takes me into Photos, where I can mark a photo as a favorite. I can then...
  7. Easy Guide: How to Update or Add a New Location in the Weather App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy Guide: How to Update or Add a New Location in the Weather App in Windows 10: Windows 10 includes a weather app that lets you monitor the forecast in your area. Users can add multiple locations, which is great if you travel to different places or just want to keep tabs on a different area of the world, city or state. Easy Guides are intended to make...
  8. Easy Guide: How to Network and Share Files Between Windows 10 and macOS

Easy Guide: How to Network and Share Files Between Windows 10 and macOS: In this article, we show you how to setup a network between computers running Windows 10 and macOS. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from...
  9. Easy Guide: How to Browse the Contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy Guide: How to Browse the Contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10: This article shows you how to open and view the contents of a File History Backup in Windows 10. If you only want to access a few files in your backup, the following instructions let you do it. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions...
  10. Easy Guide: How to Restore a Backup Using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy Guide: How to Restore a Backup Using File History: This article shows you how restore a Backup using File History. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end. Note: File History,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move location of file in file explorer