Windows 10: Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender

Discus and support Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This guide shows you how to scan an external storage devices such as thumb drive or external hard disk or even a partition. Easy Guides are intended... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender

This guide shows you how to scan an external storage devices such as thumb drive or external hard disk or even a partition.

Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end.

Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender 65f27f8b-0b48-4ecf-bb26-593f1ac91bca?upload=true.png

:)

Andre Da Costa, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Aug 12, 2018
  3. JoeJY Win User

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 12, 2018
  4. JoeJY Win User

Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender

1. Easy Guide: How to Scan a Thumb Drive or External Hard Disk Using Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Easy Guide Scan

2. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  3. Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Easy Guide: How to Format an External Hard Disk in Windows 10: In this article, we show you how to format a new external drive that you can use to backup purposes or store files. You can also check out the following articles additional tasks you can prepare your external drive: Partition a Hard Drive for macOS Time Machine and...
  4. Scan Thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan Thumb drive: CAN YOU SCAN A THUMB DRIVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scan-thumb-drive/8ddb7440-d363-4537-a0ec-36555d567aa6
  5. External Hard drive disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive disk: Shown as access denied. Location unavailable[IMG] Cannot open my Seagate external HARD drive disk of 1.5TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-disk/d12073f2-eb0d-4add-bfb1-2f9e4cff21de
  6. Easy Guide Links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Guide Links: Andre Da Costa's Easy Guide Links How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/easy-guide-how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-for/e9340b1c-e952-42fc-92ce-63cb58b5b0d2 How to...
  7. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks,...
  8. Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.

Windows Defender & scanning USBs/external drives.: Hello all, I’ve moved from Norton to test out WD & would like to know whether Defender automatically scans USB devices upon connecting or will auto scan the files upon accessing/opening? Thanks, 116003
  9. Easy Guide: How to Restore a Backup Using File History

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy Guide: How to Restore a Backup Using File History: This article shows you how restore a Backup using File History. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end. Note: File History,...
  10. windows defender automatically scan thumb drives

windows defender automatically scan thumb drives: plugged in USB thumb drive opened windows explorer right clicked drive scan with windows defender and it said scanning pc but it never shows any options so I dont know if it scanned pc or usb for sure why or not 42160

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scan a thumb drive using defender on windows 10 right click

2. how to scan thumb drive with norton security