Windows 10: Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10

Discus and support Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just build a new PC and installed the latest version of windows 10 pro x64 (v1803 build 17134.320) with all the updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vampyren, Oct 3, 2018.

1. vampyren Win User

Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10

Hello everyone,

I just build a new PC and installed the latest version of windows 10 pro x64 (v1803 build 17134.320) with all the updates and patches.

As usual i tried to change my default app for media to VLC but sadly it seems that windows refuses to change default app.

See the screen record here (link is to a video on my onedrive):
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtGfh6BD5X7UnV3OnTWErhHKvWC-

Any idea what is going on?

Even if i go to settings->Default apps and change the Video player to VLC nothing happens. Screen blinks and it still stays on "Movies & TV" app instead of switching to VLC. I can for instance change my Web browser to Firefox but for video it just wont change.

Tried everything here too but nothing helps: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-force-windows-10-set-apps-default

Hope someone can confirm this bug and we get a fix soon. I was using the same build just before my hardware upgrade but then i went from version 1710 or something up to 1803 so everything was working fine.

:)

vampyren, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2018
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Curious small window bug - Win7 - UPDATE: Command line -tab parameter issue?

Any steps to reproduce? GPU-Z dynamically changes the window border/size to enable resize only when sensor tab is active

W1zzard, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Easy to reproduce bug in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Easy reproduce bug

2. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  3. Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent reproducible BSOD:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3DMobo: MSI PRO X670-P WIFI MS-7D67GPU: PNY RTX 3070 XLR8 REVEL EPIC-XRAM: 2x16 GBs DDR5 7200 running 7000 in XMPPSU: Corsair RM650xSDD: 2TB NVME boot drive with 2x2TB SATA SSDs configured as a storage pool2560x1440 165 hz display, 2x1920x1080 60hz...
  4. Windows Explorer Crashing after update reproducible

Windows Explorer Crashing after update reproducible: Hi,After the last update to Windows 11 Explorer is now crashing regularly.Edition: Windows 11 ProVersion: 22H2OS Build: 22621.1413Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0When browsing or trying to drag office files word, excel etc from explorer when viewshow is on...
  5. Problem to reproduce MP4 files on Windows 11

Problem to reproduce MP4 files on Windows 11: Problem on Windows 11 and/or Microsoft Teams I use Microsoft Teams at work and my team keep videos of working meetings in one specific folder in Teams. After I installed Windows 11, I can't reproduce the audio of these videos anymore. The videos even don"t start on Teams, but...
  6. Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 occasinal freeze, not reproduceable.: My windows randomly freezes, this happens at any time at any point. I can see no link between 2 incidents. First the apps hangs and stop responding, for a short while i can press win button or navigate windows before it stops responding. At this point nothing responds to...
  7. Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reproduce this old Windows 7 Shortcut: [ATTACH] I have a Shortcut on a Win7 machine that basically does what WIN + TAB does. https://preview.redd.it/yflfmx7ogmk61.png?width=759&format=png&auto=webp&s=3e50d38569edc43d59ad317912e7740a66ed2f79 The problem is i need to recreate this (copying is not an option! I...
  8. easy sign in to windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    easy sign in to windows 10?: I have other PC's running W10 that I do not need to sign in to open. This new Laptop semms impossible to open without PIN or password. I hav etried to remove need for PIN but it will not accept my password to do so. I have only just changed that password which is good. Any...
  9. Reproducible way to kill Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reproducible way to kill Windows 10 pro: Working remotely has been a must lately. Remote desktop through a VPN has been working great except in one scenario. I have seen this same exact issue on two different Windows 10 pro systems. While connected via RDP, if I start a full or custom Windows Security virus scan...
  10. BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problem ntsokrnl.exe, not reproducable: Good evening! I hope someone on this board can help me with solving a BSOD problem I am carrying around since months now. My computer suffers from random BSODs (mainly PAGE_FAULT, IRQL_NOT_LESS and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT) since months and I can not figure out what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are bugs easy to reproduce