Windows 10: Easy Transfer - W10 The solution

Discus and support Easy Transfer - W10 The solution in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Copy migwiz folder from any W7 machine to a USB drive and run migwiz.exe from there. Havent had any issues and have run on a dozen machines with W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vinny O'Brien, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Easy Transfer - W10 The solution

Copy migwiz folder from any W7 machine to a USB drive and run migwiz.exe from there.

Havent had any issues and have run on a dozen machines with W10 home & pro installed. No issues.

Hopes this helps someone.

Vinny O'Brien

:)

Vinny O'Brien, Jul 31, 2018

2. Problem with Microsoft Easy Fix Solutions.

Currently, the Easy Fix solution provided from the support article was already retired. With this, all users who will use this Easy Fix solution will encounter the same issue.

Windows now have a built-in troubleshooter should you encounter issues connecting to the internet or websites. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Troubleshoot and select the first result.
    • On the Get up and running column, click Internet Connections.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.

Should you have additional questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Opening Easy Transfer file

Can't access Easy Transfer file created while going fromn XP to W7 to W10. Says unable to open.

Francis976, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Easy Transfer - W10 The solution

Easy Transfer program

Hi John,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

Sorry to inform you that Easy Transfer program is not available in Windows 10. For more clarification you may refer to the suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa in the thread mentioned below.

Windows Easy Transfer in windows 10 ?

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Easy Transfer - W10 The solution

1. Easy Transfer - W10 The solution - Similar Threads - Easy Transfer W10

2. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?: I have a 10-year old Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC that is running Windows 10 and still working nicely. However, I know it can’t last forever, so I am being proactive and getting ready to purchase a new one. I am very concerned about moving everything from the old PC to the new....
  3. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?: I have a 10-year old Dell XPS 8700 desktop PC that is running Windows 10 and still working nicely. However, I know it can’t last forever, so I am being proactive and getting ready to purchase a new one. I am very concerned about moving everything from the old PC to the new....
  4. Easy-Peasy PC2PC Transfer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 license transfer: I have a windows 10 pc and I have built a new PC without an os. I would like to ask if I should buy a new license for my new PC or can I have the one I'm using transfer to the new PC? Would transferring hard drive works?...
  6. W10 license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 license transfer: I have a windows 10 pc and I have built a new PC without an os. I would like to ask if I should buy a new license for my new PC or can I have the one I'm using transfer to the new PC? Would transferring hard drive works?...
  7. Transfer Windows& Data easy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows& Data easy?: Hey there, my SSD where windows is installed is saturated, I don’t have any storage left on it, so I bought a nvme m.2 SSD and I wanted to know: Is there a program or software that does data and os transfer from one to another drive? The program can cost money I dont care...
  8. Using Windows Easy Transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Windows Easy Transfer: I used Windows Easy Transfer and stored the files on a flash drive. Can you access the files on the drive? the extension is mig. I cannot view what files were transferred. Once you have transferred the files to a new version of Windows is the stored files on the flash...
  9. Does Easy File Transfer work going from W7-Pro to W10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Easy File Transfer work going from W7-Pro to W10?: I'd like to move my stuff, not programs, from a very old PC with W7 to a newer PC with W10. Any chance this will work? 141280
  10. Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Easy Way to Transfer Account Settings: I think I have a corrupted Windows Account. I could not find an easy way to transfer my existing one to a new one I made. Also the new account has a different name under users since I cannot use my original name. Any suggestions on how to solve these two problems?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. migwiz.exe windows 10