Windows 10: Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

Discus and support Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply from start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

Hi folks
    If you want the easy way to remove any extra entries you have in your windows boot menu at startup the easy way is simply

from start menu -->run-->msconfig

then from the popup choose the boot tab

change default or delete etc.

Much easier than mucking around with programs like easybcd etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2018

2. How to remove entry's from startup

Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved :)

sea skimmer, Oct 4, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

Hi folks
    with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu.

Easy way to fix these i.e remove them

1) Go into command mode (run as administrator)
    2) type bcdedit /enum firmware (space between enum and firmware

3)Now you'll see a list

4) To delete entries you don't want
    type bcdedit delete identifier where the identifier is shown in your list. Include the sigiddly braces { }

Easy -- job done

If you are worried about this just simply backup the EFI partition with Macrium - you don't need to back up the rest of the system. If boot fails because you deleted wrong entry simply restore the EFI partition (it's only 100MB or so - takes seconds with macrium and works -- I deliberately hosed up an entry to test this --restored partition and system booted fine).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

Removing EasyBCD?

Two options:

1) If you're ever going to dual boot again just delete the entry for the other version of windows. Run the easy BCD program and you can manually choose to delete boot entries (and set timer to 0 seconds do there is no delay).

2) If you don't want to dual boot restore the boot loader (as newtekie1 suggested) from your windows dvd. To do this remove easy bcd from your system entirely. When rebooting follow these instructions from M$:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392.

Best of luck.

lilhasselhoffer, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved

1. Easy way of removing entries from Windows Boot at startup solved - Similar Threads - Easy removing entries

2. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  3. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  4. is there an easy way to show tiles in startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    is there an easy way to show tiles in startup: My start menu only shows a listing of icons, not the tiles that one usually sees when going to thestart menu in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-an-easy-way-to-show-tiles-in-startup/1366d8b9-c29c-46dc-a14d-3abb8e6a376e
  5. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY: If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer. Enough intro let's get started. First If you...
  6. UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily: Hi folks with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu. Easy way to fix these i.e remove them 1) Go into command mode (run as administrator) 2) type bcdedit /enum...
  7. UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily: Hi folks with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu. Easy way to fix these i.e remove them 1) Go into command mode (run as administrator) 2) type bcdedit /enum...
  8. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  9. How to remove entries from current boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove entries from current boot menu: I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ? Thanks....TiminAz 36496
  10. Remove entries from 'Open With'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove entries from 'Open With'?: What is the easiest way to remove unwanted entries from the list that appears after right clicking a file and choosing Open With please? I have added successive versions of a program but don't see a simple 'Remove' option. Terry, East Grinstead, UK 99242