Windows 10: Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?

Discus and support Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a folder that contains a bunch of sub-folders, and those folders all contain lots of sound files. I'm planning on dumping these sound files into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/solitarybikegallery, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?

I have a folder that contains a bunch of sub-folders, and those folders all contain lots of sound files. I'm planning on dumping these sound files into a single folder, but I'd still like to be able to reference their previous organization. Is there an easy way to make a record of the various files and folders within another folder?

submitted by /u/solitarybikegallery
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/solitarybikegallery, Sep 19, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it?

1. Easy way to make record of a folder and all the files/directories inside it? - Similar Threads - Easy record folder

2. Is there any easy way to make local folders the default folders and bypass one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any easy way to make local folders the default folders and bypass one drive: I cannot unlink the My Pictures folder from the one drive path no matter what I try. Seems I'm not the only one. I've unlinked one drive from my laptop, I stopped all the backups in one drive, I even uninstalled one drive but I cannot change the...
  3. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  4. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...: Which program has the ability to make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the folders? Maintain structure It means to create a similar structure but only have folders...
  5. make a copy of all the folders inside the hard drive without copying the files inside the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Is there an easy way to record part of a screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to record part of a screen?: As per the title, I need to record one part of a screen (full screen won't do, just one window won't do either, so the Game Bar is out of the question). Is there an easy way to do this? When I googled it, all solutions seem to involve apps which will watermark the recording...
  7. How do i make a directory inside of a folder?

How do i make a directory inside of a folder?: I made an undeleteable folder in my D: drive. My question that I need help with is, if its possible, how do i make a undeleteable folder within the folder that I made previously? Any help is greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/AStraightWhiteNail [link] [comments]...
  8. Is there a way to make explorer assign a number to all files inside a folder without...

Is there a way to make explorer assign a number to all files inside a folder without...: Like a column that enumerates each file in the details view. I've seen other file explorers with this feature but I would rather find a way to configure explorer to do this. I hope I make myself clear, I'm not a native speaker. submitted by /u/theje1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there an easy way to share files??

Is there an easy way to share files??: Hello, I have 2 Win 10 Home machines sitting next to each other on a desk, both connected to the same wifi network. Is there an easy way to transfer files from one machine to the other?? I've been using a flash drive because I have googled my brains out and cannot figure...
  10. Move all files inside folders to parent directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Move all files inside folders to parent directory: Hello, First of all, I would like to apologize if this topic is not in the correct forum. My problem is the following: I have a folder (let's call it BASKET), inside that folder I have many other folders (for the sake of the example, I will name for example 3 folders -...