Windows 10: Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder

Discus and support Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings from Holly Jerusalem 1. Open this PC 2. Go to drive C 3. Go manage in top of ribbon 4. Click cleanup disk 5. In here Click cleanup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aksalaymeh, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder

Greetings from Holly Jerusalem
    1. Open this PC
    2. Go to drive C
    3. Go manage in top of ribbon
    4. Click cleanup disk
    5. In here Click cleanup system files
    6. Check Windows.old box or all
    7. Click OK

Done

Hoping that will help

:)

aksalaymeh, Sep 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 irritation

I discuss what are the
    typical causes here
    but if it's not those, then
    this has some easy ways to identify
    what is actually causing it.

The recovery option should have a "rollback" option for you, as long as the windows.old folder hasn't been deleted from the drive by a cleanup tool (or manually).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 23, 2017
  3. Why so much time to remove Windows.old?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused

The faster ways to delete the windows.old folder is to take ownership of the folder and remove it manually.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for further information

Anup Karkal, Sep 23, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder

dalchina, Sep 23, 2017
Thema:

Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder

1. Easy way to Manually delete Windows.old folder - Similar Threads - Easy Manually delete

2. Can't delete old Windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete old Windows folder: Hello, I bought a new NVME driver, and placed it in the primary slot. The old NVME with Win10 installation is now in the second NVME slot.I installed Windows 11 on the new driver.I didn't format old driver because I still need a lot of files on it. But I would like to free...
  3. Can't delete old Windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete old Windows folder: Hello, I bought a new NVME driver, and placed it in the primary slot. The old NVME with Win10 installation is now in the second NVME slot.I installed Windows 11 on the new driver.I didn't format old driver because I still need a lot of files on it. But I would like to free...
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  5. New computer: easy way to transfer from old computer?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    New computer: easy way to transfer from old computer?: My daughter has a Surface Tablet 4 and just bought a Surface Tablet 7 both with Windows 10. Is there an easy way to transfer all her user data, email, programs, etc, to the new computer..? Or just start copying it all over and installing the programs she uses..? 162079
  6. easy way pin windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    easy way pin windows?: pin windows show on all desktops pin windows should show on top of desktop, but below other windows by default 156295
  7. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  8. Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Utility or Easy Way to Manage/Delete Network Interfaces and Connection: Hi all, I do a lot of networking and often connect various USB Ethernet and WiFi NICs, in addition to the internal ones. Over time, these add up to tons of Ethernet 1, 2, 3 etc and Network 5, 8, 10, etc. I usually ignore it. But how does one clean it up? This has...
  9. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...
  10. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can Windows (old) folder be deleted: Can the "Windows (old)" folder be deleted safely? I only have a 128g ssd for my operating system, and 25gig is being taken up by a folder called Windows (old) I would like to free up some space. 22791