Windows 10: Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.

Discus and support Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I observe that working long hours on intensive applications on Windows 10 tends to eat up a lot of C: drive disk space. This does not go by doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sridhar Kunthipuram, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.

I observe that working long hours on intensive applications on Windows 10 tends to eat up a lot of C: drive disk space.

This does not go by doing the regular disk clean procedures.

This is released only by force shutting down by long pressing the Start Button.

Is this normal? What is the solution for this?

:)

Sridhar Kunthipuram, Sep 1, 2020

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (CEating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown. :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 1, 2020
  4. nseibel14 Win User

Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.

1. Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown. - Similar Threads - Eating huge disk

2. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  3. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huge Disk Space: I had a problem about my disk space and I decided to look which file is taking a huge place293GB, although I don't have so many programs on my pc.Then I saw a file which was named ,C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\ClickToRun\ProductReleases\AF99D195-6556-4A34-8A4B-17FADA230DEEand I...
  4. Huge Disk Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  6. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  7. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Support
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  8. What's eating up my \C: drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's eating up my \C: drive?: This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders and protected OS files not hidden, adding up the size of each comes to 82 GB, that 24 GB unaccounted for. Any clues? 1903...
  9. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...
  10. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...