Windows 10: ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome

Discus and support ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As the title summarizes. No other websites seem affected. Ebay shows up as an unusable text display in Mozilla Firefox. Looks fine (normal) in Chrome.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by WizardOfBoz, Aug 12, 2020.

1. ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome

As the title summarizes. No other websites seem affected.

Ebay shows up as an unusable text display in Mozilla Firefox. Looks fine (normal) in Chrome.

So 1) How do I fix this, and
    2) What caused this?

Win 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    Latest Firefox

Thanks,
    Wiz

:)

WizardOfBoz, Aug 12, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Mozilla a Partner, Not Competitor: Google Chrome Engineer

In what could be a sign of improving ties between Google and Mozilla, Peter Kasting, engineer in the Google Chrome web-browser development team referred to Mozilla as a partner, and not a competitor. The statement came in context of the recently-renewed search engine deal between the two, where Google pays Mozilla for setting Google as its primary search engine, both on its browser search bar, and its Firefox start page. Kasting also went to the extant of stating that Chrome isn't necessarily a profit-seeking operation by Google.

Kasting stated: "People never seem to understand why Google builds Chrome no matter how many times I try to pound it into their heads. It's very simple: the primary goal of Chrome is to make the web advance as much and as quickly as possible. It's completely irrelevant to this goal whether Chrome actually gains tons of users or whether instead the web advances because the other browser vendors step up their game and produce far better browsers. Either way the web gets better. Job done."

The Google Chrome engineer went on to add that Google is not worried about competition to Chrome, saying that Mozilla Firefox holds an important place in the web ecosystem and its advancement. "Firefox is an important product because it can be a different product with different design decisions and serve different users well," he added.

Source: TweakTown

btarunr, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Vijay B Win User
    Google Chrome and Mozilla firefox do not open

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

1. Are you able to open all the other programs in Windows 10?

2. Did you install the latest version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on your computer?

I would suggest you to install the latest Version of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Aug 12, 2020
  4. ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome

Ebay Shortcut

Hi,

I realize that you want to create an Ebay desktop shortcut in Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

If you are using Internet Explorer then follow these steps:

• Open Internet Explorer and type
      www.ebay.com

• Once the page is displayed, right-click on any blank space and select create short cut.

This will create URL shortcut.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome

1. ebay displays as text in Mozilla, but not Chrome - Similar Threads - ebay displays text

2. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good: OS on this PC says not connected to internet. Game Store will not download. But you have received this message using and ethernet connection to the router and modem....
  3. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good: OS on this PC says not connected to internet. Game Store will not download. But you have received this message using and ethernet connection to the router and modem....
  4. no Microsoft internet, Internet with Chrome or Mozilla is good

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If the Fonts or Text is not displaying correctly in the Google Chrome browser on Windows 11/10 then this post may be able to help you. The issue could occur if the Font settings have been disturbed. Text not displaying correctly in Chrome on Windows 11/10 To fix text...
  6. Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft family and Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla: My son asks permission to use Google Chrome or Firefox Mozilla. I login to my Microsoft account and give the permission. But it still doesn't work in his account. Help! My son need google Chrome to learn....
  7. Displays no text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displays no text: hello, I had a malicious software infecting my computer so I reset my pc, deleting all my personal files and programs. however after resetting, i didn't connect my computer to internet but when i checked local disk C, there was an update on it : $Windows. ~bt. I didnt think...
  8. ebay

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ebay: hi. since yesterday I have been unable to access certain things on eBay. my eBay, when I want to look at an item for sale, that comes up but when I click on to enlarge the picture or click on the smaller pictures it wont enlarge or bring them up?...
  9. Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge are not displaying text on some websites properly: Hello! I've been running into a text display issue with my browsers. When I go to a certain website (eg:www.nationstates.net), all it displays is just a weird arrangements of letters, numbers and symbols. This was from Chrome, and the same issue persists in Edge. At first,...
  10. Chrome and other apps displaying "square" text in PDF?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and other apps displaying "square" text in PDF?: Hi Ladies and Gents, I have an issue with Chrome, specifically when viewing any PDF files the text is displayed as square boxes. The same PDF files view fine using an external PDF viewer or with the Edge PDF viewer but when using Chromes Internal viewer in Windows 10 the...