Windows 10: .ecc Extension And Deleting ?

Discus and support .ecc Extension And Deleting ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Heard that anything with a .ecc extension is a crypto virus, so i did a search. Found over a thousand of them ! So I tried deleting them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robert11, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

.ecc Extension And Deleting ?

Hello,

Heard that anything with a .ecc extension is a crypto virus, so i did a search.
    Found over a thousand of them !

So I tried deleting them, to the Recyle Bin.

They don't show up there, at all.

In Agent Ransack, they now seem to come up as:

$Recycle.bin\lots of numbers

What is the $ ?
    Why can't I delete them ?

Why don't they show in the Recycle bin; at least for the ones that "seem to" have been deleted ?
    Agent Ransack still shows them all, though, but with many now as the $Recycle bin
    How can I get rid of them all ?

What should I do, please ?

My old W7 got corrupted with this, so am very, very worried.

Using BitDefender, but it apparently found nothing
    Also ran that MS Malware Tool, but it also found nothing

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 6, 2015

2. TeslaCrypt V2 ransomware infection

Jsssssssss is correct you are most likely speaking about TeslaCrypt which includes several known versions and extension variants to include: .ecc, .ezz, .exx, .zzz, .xyz, .aaa, .abc, .ccc. TeslaCrypt/Alpha Crypt leaves files (ransom notes) named HELP_RESTORE_FILES.txt.
    The .aaa/.abc/.ccc variant drops ransom notes with names like Recovery_File_*****.html, Recovery_File_*****.txt, restore_files_*****.html, restore_files_*****.txt, recover_file_*****.txt, recover_file_*****.html, HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.txt, HOWTO_RESTORE_FILES_*****.html,
    howto_recover_file_*****.txt, howto_recover_file_*****.html (where ***** are random characters) and
    pretends to be CryptoWall 3.0.

Information about and support for decrypting files affected by Alpha Crypt & TeslaCrypt ransomware can be found in this topic:

TeslaDecoder released to decrypt .EXX, .EZZ, .ECC files encrypted
    by TeslaCrypt

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where folks can ask questions and post for assistance:

quietman7 - MVP, Dec 6, 2015
  3. sp1der975 Win User
    Secondary calendar syncronization

Hi,

when will be possibile sync secondary live calendar (birthday, celebration, ecc ecc)???

sp1der975, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

.ecc Extension And Deleting ?

1. .ecc Extension And Deleting ? - Similar Threads - ecc Extension Deleting

2. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  3. Cannot delete file no extension name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete file no extension name: Hello,I have been trying to delete a file but every time I try it says it is no longer located in that directory and thus it cannot be deleted. This file was created by me a while ago while I was trying to save a link to a website on my desktop, but now it will not let me...
  4. Deleting HEIF Image Extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting HEIF Image Extension: How do I delete the HEIF Image Extension app from my apps & features settings? When I try to delete it, you can't click on the delete button so I click on the Advance options where I click on the terminate button but it doesn't allow me to delete this program?...
  5. Bulk delete file extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bulk delete file extensions: I have a large number of additional, unnecessary file extensions that need to be removed. Tried regedit to no avail. any help would be appreciated. ta. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bulk-delete-file-extensions/a7c5f7ab-5ea2-4652-8189-d72783c7809e"
  6. ECC DDR4 for

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ECC DDR4 for: Hi, just upgraded my system from Win7 Home to Win10 Home in the process bought a new mobo, cpu and cooler, and memory. I am running Win10 v 1909 (OS build 18363.535) on a MSI X570-A PRO (MS-7C37) mb, a AMD Ryzen 7 2700x cpu and 2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz non-ecc...
  7. ssd drive Soft ECC Correction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ssd drive Soft ECC Correction: i been using this ssd in this laptop SK hynix SC308 SATA 256GB i been using drive for a while i have reinstalled OS without erasing ssd before when i did this way smart soft ecc correction would always show stats it would go up as i use computer /drive...
  8. New 17" Laptop: Xeon vs i7/i9 and ECC or Non-ECC RAM?

New 17" Laptop: Xeon vs i7/i9 and ECC or Non-ECC RAM?: I found out that I can use my continuing education money to get reimbursed for a laptop. I currently have a Dell Precision 3520 15" with a Xeon processor and ECC RAM. I was looking at options for the Dell 7730 17" and was curious if the Xeon is even worth it. I can get a...
  9. .ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .ecc Extension: Trojan ? Can't Seem To Delete Them ? Help please: Hello, I received an eMail from a friend who said that any file with an .ecc extension is one of those Crypto ransom ware trojans. True ? My old PC7 PC was wiped out, literally, a few months ago, so I am literally paranoid about this. Used Agent Ransack to...
  10. Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?

Memory ID-ECC or non-ECC?: I thought I had 16GB of RAM, but two of my four cards are only 1 GB. I'd like to replace them but I can't recall whether I have ECC or non-ECC RAM. Is there an easy way to check? 84376