Windows 10: Echo from Speaker/Mic

Discus and support Echo from Speaker/Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MCS3LZ, Apr 14, 2020.

1. MCS3LZ Win User

Echo from Speaker/Mic

I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I mute either mike or speaker I can't then use Skype or Zoom. As soon as I unmute the speaker the echo is there again. It was fine until last night when I tried to use with external headphones. No longer attached. As soon as I switch laptop on if not sound not muted. Every sound is picked up and echoes. Any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks

:)

MCS3LZ, Apr 14, 2020

2. Speaker thinks it is a mic, leaving an echo when like calling someone on skype?

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

As I understand you are facing an issue with the Speaker and also getting an echo when you are calling from Skype.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Restart the computer a few times and check for Windows Updates.

In the Search box on the taskbar, enter Windows Update, select Windows Update. On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates.

How can I test my sound is working properly?

http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=ge...lang=en-US&w=pH02CEH7VS45tIDKnE_2PXXS0L2Z993B

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Tahvo Win User
    Lumia 800 speaker echo/heat problem

When you call does it echo in every call ? Echo comes because the other callers speaker might be too loud so the mic registers your voice and makes a loop that makes the echo thing.

Tahvo, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Echo from Speaker/Mic

Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Echo from Speaker/Mic

1. Echo from Speaker/Mic - Similar Threads - Echo Speaker Mic

2. speaker echoing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker echoing: On my laptop my sound keeps on echoing. Im working on a project and I notice that the sound is echoing, I tried to check if in the video in the browser Im facing the same issue it is echoing as well. How to make sound fix?...
  3. speaker echoing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speaker echoing: On my laptop my sound keeps on echoing. Im working on a project and I notice that the sound is echoing, I tried to check if in the video in the browser Im facing the same issue it is echoing as well. How to make sound fix?...
  4. speaker echoing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alexa echo as a speaker

Alexa echo as a speaker: laptop will not see bluetooth speakers only realtek https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alexa-echo-as-a-speaker/a46c34bc-22c6-4428-a842-97d39d25e2cb
  6. Speaker Echo and Feedback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker Echo and Feedback: A friend of mine was messing with the sound options on my HP Laptop, and now whenever I try to use my speakers there's an echo. There's also a horrible feedback that comes when I turn up the volume above a certain point. I've tried everything I can think of, and none of the...
  7. audio echo in speakers

audio echo in speakers: how do i stop the echoing in my speakers during video playback or youtube playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-echo-in-speakers/d399d98d-42ae-44bd-860a-18c4ee9ea8ea
  8. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  9. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6
  10. Echo from speakers

in Cortana
    Echo from speakers: My laptop is echoing everything and every noise. The volume did not work earlier. I did a troubleshoot and I don't know how the settings got changed or malfunctioning. How can I correct it?...