Windows 10: Echoing sound with headphone mic

Discus and support Echoing sound with headphone mic in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Biancapell1720, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong.

:)

Biancapell1720, Jun 9, 2020
  2. qubit Win User

Mic echoing with a headset

This nails it: there's nothing you can do other than replace it with a quality one.

The el-cheapo headset has the problem of sound conduction through the boom supporting the mic. A good one will have been designed to minimise this. You could try lowering the headphone volume a bit to alleviate it.

qubit, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Mic echoing with a headset

Hey. I've got a GA-78LMT-S2P motherboard with a S.O.G XPERT-H1 headset (it's USB, the mic is attached and retractable).

Any sound that comes through my headset echoes into my mic. It's exactly like if I had speakers.

Couldn't fix this problem in years, hoping somebody here may at least shed some light on its source. I will try the headset on another computer later on today, but in the meanwhile here's what I've tried and what I know :
    - That headset's quality is pretty poor all around (I got it for 32€). Drivers suck balls, the headphones' coating is shedding off ... I regret buying off-brand. I've seen many people saying that a poor quality headset will have this kind of problem, due to the wiring of the cables inside, so this is a possibility, though I'd rather fix it if possible at all.
    - It appears that only sounds that come off the left side echo into the mic (and it's attached to the left side). I noticed that when listening to my mic and running the little windows sound test that plays something left then right.
    - No sound is echoed when the mic is muted.
    - Sound still echoes at the same volume when blocking the microphone with some cloth. (so it's not sound leaking from the headphones)
    - This kept happening throughout several windows installations (and several drivers installations).
    - No Stereo Mix to disable, couldn't find anything to disable anywhere.
    - Tried plugging it in the front of my case (it's usually back).

The last headset I had before this one also had this problem, except it actually appeared overnight. That btw was one of the reasons I got a new headset.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be coming from ? Any sure way to confirm that this is a hardware problem and not software ?

Thanks for reading. Have a good one !

PS : For anyone curious why I'm trying to fix this now after years, discord has an echo cancellation feature which made the issue rather trivial, but I started playing Overwatch and I don't want to annoy anyone with echo (especially since I'd rather be open mic than push to talk).

Edit : for reference here's the other post I made about this before giving up http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...king-up-sound-from-my-headphones-1147913.html

Modinstaller, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Echoing sound with headphone mic

Headset echoing sound

I had a issue with my Headphones. The issue stretches back a few days but I'll keep it short.

Originally, my other set of headphones started to produce an Echo sound through the headset, and when using Apps like TeamSpeak 3, it would pass these sounds through the microphone so everyone could hear them. Ie, if I was watching a video and listening
    through the headset, it would output it into the TeamSpeak room I was in, and everyone could hear.

So... I removed the headset and then started by using my spare one to resolve the issue. However, that didn't work. Even with the new headset, it still echo'd through the mic.

So... again, I uninstalled TeamSpeak, and reinstalled it. Still no luck.

And the final step I did was uninstall both the driver for my Headphone jack and the driver for my Mic jack. I rebooted Windows to find that it only reinstalled the headphone driver, though it still doesn't recognise the device being plugged into the
    jacks or taken out..... so..

Is there any way to install some default driver or for Windows to recognise the mic and headphone using software, because it simply won't recognise it though any normal means, and I'm out of ideas. Maybe this will solve the echo, as it seems that this
    could have been the cause.

The mic still echoes and transmits a large amount of noise even though there is no sound to pickup. this image shows exactly what I mean. It does this through both the sounds coming from my PC (through headphone speakers), and sound by other users.

Imgur

Thanks.

Lewis Dawson, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Echoing sound with headphone mic

1. Echoing sound with headphone mic - Similar Threads - Echoing sound headphone

2. Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC: I have had a problem with my computer for the past week now, where sound is being reflected though my output audio into my input. It is not an issue with my headset; I muted my headset, and even bought a new one, yet the problem persisted. I have tried uninstalling and...
  3. HDMI /Headphone echo

HDMI /Headphone echo: G'day From Central Australia back again. Only talk to you when I need help Ha! I connected my new Acer EB321HQU monitor to my pc via HDMI rather than VGA Cos new monitor does not have VGA. At first I had sound but no voice. Now I have echo and slight distortion in my...
  4. My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headphones mic keeps echoing. (laptop): I tried to join google meet in the new browser microsoft edge, whenever I talk it comes with an echo and has like an eerie sound. How do I fix it? It wasn’t like this before. I even tried my brother’s headphones mic that works fine on his pc but it still on echo when I...
  5. win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes

win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes: Whenever I play any audio on headphones, the sound is distorted and echoes. Specifically, instrumental music often echoes, as if the computer is simulating audio in a cave. Some instruments are also muted. Any voices are either muted, distorted like a bad connection on a...
  6. echo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    echo sound: Why dose the sound on my new dell G7 17 laptop have an echo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-sound/cd7930b9-e7ab-4e02-9a4e-682ac6644349
  7. headset mic echoing

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset mic echoing: My mic is is echoing and it is being used by svchost I tried removing listen to device and it worked but then my mic stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-mic-echoing/b2dac021-32f8-43dd-8b34-2038c37c07b6
  8. Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic

Headset Echoing and Playing Internal Sound Through Mic: I have an Astro A40 headset that has worked fine for me for over a year now. But, all of a sudden the last month it has started echoing and often playing my internal sounds game Im playing or youtube video Im watching through my mic. I have done everything I can like...
  9. echo sound

echo sound: My laptop has distorted sound and an echo, iv'e tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers witch has made enhancement tab disappear but i did try turning them off before drivers and it did not help....
  10. sound echo

sound echo: my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped the echo , then I tried to disable speakers, and that stopped the echo too, but I need them both to work, what to do? I have...