Windows 10: EDB.log causing issues with programs?

Discus and support EDB.log causing issues with programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I work as a support technician for an imaging software. I’ve run into a couple calls recently where our .ini file is being rewritten for no apparent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CoqeCas3, Nov 6, 2019.

1. EDB.log causing issues with programs?

I work as a support technician for an imaging software. I’ve run into a couple calls recently where our .ini file is being rewritten for no apparent reason. Losing activation metrics, rewritten data paths, completely altering core configurations for the software... really weird stuff with no explanation

I checked event viewer for a couple of these calls and I’ve seen an ESENT error for each of them, system can’t write to EDB.log.

I’ve seen that this is not an uncommon error in recent windows 10 builds but I’m wondering if this is just a coincidence or if this problems is messing with our software files sometimes....

submitted by /u/CoqeCas3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CoqeCas3, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

WINDOWS 10 EDB FILE KEEPS INCREASING

Hi James,

To know the windows update that may fix your issue with .edb files, we would like to know the current specifications of computer.

To know current version and build number of your Windows 10 Computer,
    follow the steps below:

• Select the
      Startbutton.
    • Type
      About your PC.
    • Press
      Enterto find out the version and build number of your Windows 10 PC.

Meanwhile, we could run the built-in troubleshoot tool to have a diagnostic For Search and Indexing issues.
    Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to change the index location and check if the large Windows.edb file still exists, Please perform the following steps to move the file:

• Enter Indexing Options into the Search field on the Start Menu.
    • Click on Indexing Options.
    • Click on Advanced at the bottom.
    • Click on Select New and specify a new location for your Windows.edb file.
    • Click on OK and wait until Windows restarted.
    • Check if issue persists.

Let us know the result after performing the troubleshooting steps and if the issue was left unresolved, kindly get
    back to us with the answers to our inquiryso that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Log on issues

Hi Michael,

Some system process optimization software or programs result in conflict in Windows 10 and cause the Windows 10 lock screen password issue. If you have installed such programs recently, disable or remove them to see if the
    problem still persists.

We also suggest that you use a command line to fix lock screen password issue. Kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X.
    • Select the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type these command line:
      • if exist "%SystemRoot%\System32\InputMethod\CHS\ChsIME.exe" ( TAKEOWN /F "%SystemRoot%\System32\InputMethod\CHS\ChsIME.exe" icacls "%SystemRoot%\System32\InputMethod\CHS\ChsIME.exe" /deny "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:RX").
    • Press Enter key then check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

EDB.log causing issues with programs?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

EDB.log causing issues with programs?

1. EDB.log causing issues with programs? - Similar Threads - EDB log causing

2. Log In Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log In Issues: Hello I cant log into my microsoft acccount because i no longer have access to the email or phone number listed to get verfification code. But i am using the same computer that the microsoft account is on. How can i get access to my account?...
  3. Logging In Issue

Logging In Issue: I am having issues logging into Minecraft launcher. I can get in on google but whenever I put my info in on the Minecraft launcher through Microsoft it asks for a pin. I put the correct pin in multiple times and even changed it to make sure I was doing it right and it doesn't...
  4. Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software

Exchange EDB to PST Converter Software: If you are searching the best Exchange Server EDB to PST Software for repairing damaged or corrupted and dismounted Exchange server. After reading this post you don't need to go anywhere because here am reveling the software name that helping you in all the above cases and...
  5. Windows 10 EDB Etkinleştirme BIOS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 EDB Etkinleştirme BIOS: merhaba,MSI B460M PRO ve Intel I5 10400F işlemini yapıyorum. işletim sistemi sürümü ise Windows 10 64 Bit Sürüm 1903, İS Derlemesi 18362.239.Anakartımın BIOS'unda XD Execute Disable Bit veya hiçbir şekilde ulaşamıyorum. Böyle bir menü çıkmıyor. Bir ürün gibik için bu ayar...
  6. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  7. Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Stellar Converter for EDB – Best Software to convert EDB file to PST: Today, we are going to explore an EDB to PST converter application, called Stellar Converter for EDB. This application promises safe and effective conversion from any EDB file of any version of Exchange Server – from 2007 to 2019, to PST and other formats. The application...
  8. FIles e.g., edb and Windows.jfm

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FIles e.g., edb and Windows.jfm: When I manually copy my files to another external drive, I always encounter, “Could not find this item”, I just click on Skip. The following it is not able to find are: a windows.edb b edbtemp c edb d edb0094A e edb009A5 f edb009A6 g Windows.jfm They are supposed...
  9. Format Specification of EDB files

in Cortana
    Format Specification of EDB files: Hi, I am working in forensics and i would like to know if EDB file specifications are provided by microsoft team. I need to analyze the edge , IE and cortana...
  10. win 10 update causing log in issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 update causing log in issues: it seems that every time i do a win 10 update to get current defender revisions, the next day i get a warning that my email login's need fixing in outlook. i guess i will revert to relying on my 3'rd party av prg's only until this is fixed unless someone knows the solution ....