Windows 10: Edege will not let me log into facebook

Discus and support Edege will not let me log into facebook in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday I cleared my browser cache and then noticed windows wanted a restart for update.. I restart and can not log into facebook, the page just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ezeht, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ezeht Win User

Edege will not let me log into facebook

Yesterday I cleared my browser cache and then noticed windows wanted a restart for update.. I restart and can not log into facebook, the page just refreshes each time I hit enter etc.. I can log into facebook with my Steam browser but I have to be in game to use that.. I installed the facebook app and added messenger and can use that but I hate the app and I never use them and rather use my browser like I have from xp and w7 and used in w10.. I will delete the app if I can ever log back in like normal..

I have cleared my cache again and restart my PC.. I try to find info on the net and can find nothing that helps me at all.. I really do not wish to use chrome and I will never use firefox.. It is always something with w10.. I grit my teeth every time I see its an update and I have to restart.. I already spent extra money on security because Defender is a joke and I kept getting those fake ransomware junk popups and have to use task man to close out my browser.. I have never a one with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes.. I always liked XP and W7.. I never liked w10 other than DX12 for gaming and if not for gaming I do not need a computer at all and I will never use a console.. Edge never did this until this last simple update.. I do the updates every month- well they are forced- period.. I seem to be able to log in to other sites I normally use.. What am I to do.. If I go chrome I will never use Edge again.. I wish I never had to use W10 to start with..

Also- I never set and will never trust W10 to save passwords.. I do not set the browser to delete cookies etc when I close out.. If I wish to log off of a site I do so before leaving it or I clear my cache of everything- I check all boxes and is why I need to log back into facebook.. Being a gamer I do such things and restart my PC pretty often.. It does not break my fingers to retype my passwords and I am more secure and I have less problems when gaming..

After I did the windows update and restart I got a pop up saying W10 has fixed 3rd party cookies.. I have always set it to block them.. I changed to allow all cookies trying to log into facebook and is same same.. The page only refreshes and will not let me log in.. The big update before the creators one I installed the update and restart and got the black screen and took me a while to fix it and be able to use my computer again.. W10 is junk imo.. I never had such problems with XP or W7- not ever.. XP and W7 always worked and I never had a ransom thing freeze my browser either.. I really do grit my teeth each time I see I need a restart for W10 update.. I wonder if you have people working for you with poor skills or you on purpose try and ruin our day.. Its sickening..

I did not know what topic to pick- you have none for your half working browser..

:)

ezeht, Oct 11, 2018

2. Microsoft Edege update login problems.

The problem happened when the MicroSoft Edege update was installed.

Sku E8A11UA#ABA

CharlesClark3, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows SDK for Facebook

Source: Windows SDK for Facebook | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Edege will not let me log into facebook

Gmail suspicious activity alert?

I'd definitely setup two-step verification like MailMan suggested. I actually just set it up myself, and have a similar feature on Facebook as well. Better safe than sorry! *Toast :toast:

f22a4bandit, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Edege will not let me log into facebook

1. Edege will not let me log into facebook - Similar Threads - Edege let log

2. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  3. Onedrive won't let me log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive won't let me log in.: Onedrive won't let me log in to my email address. At login it displays one of my non Microsoft email addresses. When I retype my onedrive email account address, after a delay it comes back an error occurred....
  4. Facebook log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facebook log in: facebook log in* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-log-in/7183fb81-2e6f-406d-8229-50d61d1cd261
  5. Facebook log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook log in: facebook log in* Moved from Community Center* Original title: Facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-log-in/7183fb81-2e6f-406d-8229-50d61d1cd261
  6. Microsoft won't let me log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft won't let me log in: Hello, for the past week, I've been trying to log into my Microsoft account, but every time it says "Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.". I'm not sure how to fix this... [ATTACH]...
  7. Won't let me log in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Won't let me log in: I purchased an account for windows 19 edition today and tried to log in but after logging in it said I had to buy it first in which I had done already and I even have the order receipt....
  8. It wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It wont let me log in: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamingNightFTW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxrsbk/it_wont_let_me_log_in/
  9. Won’t let me log in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won’t let me log in?: I assume this is a problem with windows or something physical with my computer, I just don’t know the difference. My laptop has been slowing down a lot and even bluescreening occasionly for about the past week. Now when I turn it on it never gets to the point where I can log...
  10. facebook log in

in Browsers and Email
    facebook log in: I am unable to log into facebook, I was on earlier today but cannot get on tonite. I checked on my other computer and was able to log in. I don't know If I accidently hit something. Any help would be appreciated! I have an asus model D553S if that helps at all. 61667