Windows 10: Edge Address bar search banner

Discus and support Edge Address bar search banner in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamPalme, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Edge Address bar search banner

I don't want this search banner, therefore I am deleting EDGE from usage and going to Firefox. Thanks Microsoft for imposing MS software that I don't want and cant easily delete

:)

WilliamPalme, Feb 14, 2019

2. Microsoft Edge Address Bar

Hi Zach,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to open actual address of websites with short forms as you wish:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions(...) at the right top corner.
    • Click on View advanced settings, under Search in the address bar with
      click on down arrow.
    • Choose <add new>, try to add the default website.
    Secondly, as opening pages in new tab is set by design, I suggest you to provide this as a feedback.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Edge: Search in the address bar problem

Thank you!! You are right ... if I have visited a site with search engine (e.g. wikipedia, google) at least onces from Edge, afterwards you find it in the list of the available search engines!! It is quite strange ... I hope it will change in future releases

PS: I see that in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge it is stated in the step-by-step instructions: "Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it".

Can you possibly give me an answer also to the other question of mine, that is how to easily select the search engine to use for a particular search (alter adding in the previous list and selected not as a defaul one), without having the need to change the
    defualt one everytime (in Internet Explorer it is possible clicking near the address field)..

Regards

Enzo

Enzo Contini, Feb 14, 2019
  4. MajorCFO Win User

Edge Address bar search banner

Cannot type in Edge address bar or search box

I have tried several different adjustments, but I cannot type anything into the Edge address bar or search box. I get the blinking cursor, but it will not accept anything. Any suggestions on how to use this beast?

MajorCFO, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Edge Address bar search banner

1. Edge Address bar search banner - Similar Threads - Edge Address bar

2. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  3. Search files progression bar on address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files progression bar on address bar: on windows 7 / windows 10 when you done a search in file explorer as it searched a green bar moved across the address bar - i liked this . In windows 11 all you get is the spinning circle on the top left . does anyone know how I can changed it back to the bar going across the...
  4. Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge crashing everytime I type in the search bar/address bar: Starting this afternoon, Edge has crashed every time I typed anything in the address bar or the search bar found on the New Tab page. I'd made no changes whatsoever to any settings. Also confirmed that it wasn't a RAM or disk space issue. I noticed that when I changed the...
  5. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  6. Problem with Edge address bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Edge address bar: When I input something there and click on Enter, it directs me to IP. And It doesn’t understand when I am typing. It is not the only problem. Windows Defender is not working as well...
  7. No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

in Browsers and Email
    No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge: I cannot get Edge to give suggestions other than from history or favourites. I have made sure that all setting are correct in settings and even changed the search engines around, but it did not solve the problem. While it's not a deal breaker for using the browser it is...
  8. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  9. Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update

in Browsers and Email
    Search/address bar disabled in Edge after anniversary update: Is anyone else getting this? Edge worked fine before the anniversary update. Now it's installed it won't permit me to type in the search box or the address bar. The only way I can access websites is to add them to the top sites section. Am I missing something obvious?...
  10. Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge: How to: Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge How to Enable or Disable Search Suggestions in Address Bar of Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search banner on edge