Windows 10: Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.

Discus and support Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 20226 with multiple monitors and recently notice that Chrome covers the taskbar when maximized in the primary screen but not when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Derek Dongray, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.

I am using Windows 10 20226 with multiple monitors and recently notice that Chrome covers the taskbar when maximized in the primary screen but not when maximized in an identical secondary screen. When I checked, Edge does the same thing. Other applications, e.g. Explorer, Debian, Cura, behave as expected and do not cover the taskbar when maximized.

The taskbar is set locked and to not autohide.

How do I stop the browsers covering the main taskbar when maximized on the main screen?

Since I'm running Insider Preview I will also log this as feedback in case it's due to a misfeature.

:)

Derek Dongray, Oct 6, 2020
  2. JanJan Win User

chrome + taskbar autohide problem

So i set my taskbar autohide. whenever chrome is in fullscreen, when i hover around the corner, the taskbar wont appear. It works with other browsers....

JanJan, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen.

1. Edge and Chrome both cover the taskbar when maxmized in my primary screen. - Similar Threads - Edge Chrome both

2. Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge: I had a old alienwarew aurora pc which bought 3 years ago, recently, I noticed my google chrome and microsoft edge has low download speed compare to other application. For example, Download speed of Steam and MEGA can reach 60m/s, but chrome and edge will be limited to 2m/s,...
  3. Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network error in both google chrome and microsoft edge: I had a old alienwarew aurora pc which bought 3 years ago, recently, I noticed my google chrome and microsoft edge has low download speed compare to other application. For example, Download speed of Steam and MEGA can reach 60m/s, but chrome and edge will be limited to 2m/s,...
  4. Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    Edge or Chrome Browser covering Taskbar when maximized [Fix]: [ATTACH]Some users have reported quite a strange thing. Their Edge or Chrome browser covers the Taskbar when it is launched on Windows 11 or Windows 10. This happens only when one opens a browser, but the other apps don’t hide the Taskbar. The issue also affects...
  5. Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Dropdown Menus Slow in both Chrome and Edge: In both Edge and Chrome browsers, when I click on a drop down menu, the list is unresponsive for several seconds before I can scroll down the list. After scrolling for a few seconds, the list will become unresponsive again. For example, a dropdown list of the 50 states or a...
  6. Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edges of buttons to click looking weird on website both Edge and Chrome: Hi, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10 in S mode, which I converted out of now have Windows 10 Home. The borders of some buttons to click look weird on this computer. Please see the photos below. The bottom line of the Continue looks disrupted, almost dotted on the...
  7. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  8. Black window covering primary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black window covering primary screen: For awhile now, if I leave my computer unattended and it turns my monitors off I have disabled sleep and hibernation, it is a desktop, when I move the cursor or press any key to turn the monitors back on, the primary monitor will sometimes have a large black window in the...
  9. Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome & Edge Both Inaccessible: Using this old Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop that was upgraded to 10 years ago and was kept current. Tonight, while in Chrome I decided to restart the machine. The reboot gave me one of those Microsoft screens that indicated it had probably gone to a newer version of 10....
  10. Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome: So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon. While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing around files, editing Office documents, even coding on VS Code. However, Web browsing, for the most part, is extremely slow....