Windows 10: Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016

Discus and support Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using HP Envy 27, windows 10. The latest updates on Oct 16-19 had caused problems with internet connection. I restored the computer to the date... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rfung, Oct 23, 2016.

1. rfung Win User

Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016

I am using HP Envy 27, windows 10. The latest updates on Oct 16-19 had caused problems with internet connection. I restored the computer to the date before Oct 16, 2016. It was working fine for few hours, but now Edge and Cortana stopped working. I have tried clear the browsing history, cookies, form data, etc, but it isn't working. Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks

:)

rfung, Oct 23, 2016

2. Can't use microphone on Cortana

jeh cags answer was helpful but only after I went to updates and deleted Adobe flash player update for Oct. 12 2016 Than Cortana let me talk to her. before sending this Cortana did not work again upon checking updates it was updated again Oct. 25 2016. Would
    not work until I deleted Flash player again. Guess it will be OK until next update. How do I stop that update I have deleted Adobe program?

Old guy 100, Oct 23, 2016
  3. Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.231.541.0) - Error 0x80070643

Thank you for your reply. The following is the results:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MpCmdRun: Command Line: MpCmdRun

Start Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:14:05
    MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:14:05

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MpCmdRun: Command Line: MpCmdRun - SignatureUpdate

Start Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:16:06
    MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:16:06

MpCmdRun: Command Line: MpCmdRun -SignatureUpdate

Start Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:16:28
    Start: MpSignatureUpdate()

Update started

Search Started (MU/WU update) (Path: Microsoft - Official Home Page)...

Search Completed

Download Started...

Download Completed

Download Completed

Installation Started...

Time Info - ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:17:14 Update failed with hr: 0x80070643

Installation Completed

Update failed with hr: 0x80070643

Update completed with hr: 0x80070643

ERROR: Signature Update failed with hr=80070643

MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Thu ‎Oct ‎27 ‎2016 19:17:14

Charles L. Peters, Oct 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge and Cortana stopped working after latest update on Oct 16, 2016 - Similar Threads - Edge Cortana stopped

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to RDP to Windows Server 2016 after latest update Oct 2020: We have a new Windows 2016 server, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6.5u1. The host does not have a 3d accelerator, and none is presented to Windows 2016 I have a Windows 2016 Server 1607, hosted under VMWare ESXi 6. The host doesn't habe a 3D accelerator and none is presented to...
  7. USB stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  8. Cortana Stopped Working after "May update"

in Cortana
    Cortana Stopped Working after "May update": I kept getting prompts about last chance for May update. I performed the update and have lost Cortana. She will open sometimes but NEVER responds since I did this update. I have performed all troubleshooting. Can I uninstall this "May update". I was much happier with...
  9. cortana not working after update window to Edge.

in Cortana
    cortana not working after update window to Edge.: Some of my programs are suspended in the task bar and they not running. since Microsoft updated my laptop and I have tried almost everything. Reset, update, clean disk, and scan with Microsoft antivirus which they installed and uninstalled my pervious antivirus. Please give...
  10. Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018)

in Cortana
    Cortana doesn't work after Windows 10 update (Oct 2018): Hi, Recently I have updated my computer after many busy months. I updated to the latest version (Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Version: 17763.316) However, I tried calling Cortana but Cortana didn't respond. I click on the Cortana Mic button and it says "Tap...