Windows 10: Edge and Google Chromecast

Discus and support Edge and Google Chromecast in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ScottBrowning, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Edge and Google Chromecast

When I was using the Edge Beta, I had no trouble getting Google Chromecast to work with it, until 2 weeks ago. At that point, Chromecast disappeared as an option icon on Edge or programs appearing on Edge. I want this back or I will return to Chrome as my browser. How do I fix it? I really like Edge.

:)

ScottBrowning, Jan 16, 2020

2. Google Chromecast Compatibility

Hi Raven,

We apologies for the misunderstanding about the Google Chrome cast device.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below to set up Chromecast and check if it helps.

Set Up Chromecast

Set Up Chromecast - Android - Chromecast Help

If you still face the issue you can contact the Chrome cast help Center at the link given below.

Welcome to the Chromecast Help Center

Choose a device below to get started in the Help Center - Chromecast Help#

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Using google chromecast on Windows Lumia

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. Right now, the application to get Google Chromecast to work on your device is unavailable. It would be best that you contact the manufacturer of the device (Google Chromecast) as they may have other suggestion on how you can make
    their app work with your device.

Regards.

Dennis Zac, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Edge and Google Chromecast

How can one use Chromecast using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser?

I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge Browser and those three horizontal lines on the upper right screen below the X to close out the Browser has a list of features including "Cast to Device" and when I click on that option my Chromecast version 1 are not one
    of the devices on the network that the Microsoft Edge Browser recognizes.

In fact, my Dell computer has an HDMI "INPUT" that I actually inserted my Chromecast into and the Chromecast when using the HDMI input on the Dell All-In-One PC Desktop/Tablet type Device, it acts just like it would if I had it attached to my HDMI input
    via my SmartTV?

Is there a plug-in I am missing that needs to be loaded onto EDGE? Apparently, Microsoft has already confirmed that EDGE is a 100% 4K UHD Compliant Browser, which to knowledge is the only Browser currently certified as UHD ready, neither CHROME or FIREFOX
    or any of the other Browsers are UHD ready, so from that perspective even though Chromecast is only 1080p at best, it likely is still not obsolete given if you have a 4K monitor with upscaling functionality, then anything you cast onto the Chromecast in 1080p,
    likely would invariably be up-converted to 4K in the EDGE Browser ONLY, NOT Google CHROME or FIREFOX.....
    Any suggestions?

Google Product Forums

David Martin Graff, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Edge and Google Chromecast

1. Edge and Google Chromecast - Similar Threads - Edge Google Chromecast

2. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  3. Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to extend my screen to a Google TV Chromecast?: So, it seems like my external monitor is on the way to deads-ville.For the last several days, when I turn it on, it goes on, displays its desktop for a second or two, then goes dark. Usually turning it on and off for a couple minutes eventually fixes it, but today it did not....
  4. How to Chromecast from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to Chromecast from Edge browser: Windows 10 Pro 1903 ver 18362.535 I have read that Edge supports the use of Chromecast to send from a webpage. In particular I quote this link How to Cast Media from Microsoft Edge to Google Chromecast "The “Cast tab” will find all the Chromecast devices on your network. And...
  5. Chromecast

in Windows 10 Support
    Chromecast: I bought a Chromecast and plugged it into my television and can see Chromecast and the number behind it. Now I go to the Chrome Web Store and I do not see anywhere the chromecast icon. This is very frustrating because in the past I had no problems setting up chromecast on my...
  6. How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Chromecast on new Edge Chromium browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft’s Edge browser seems to have gotten a new lease of life with the Chromium engine. This version of the Edge browser supports Chrome extensions and also offers native Chromecast streaming. Most of us use cast or mirror our laptops [...] This post How...
  7. chromecast

chromecast: Why won't my chromecast stream to my tv , except occasionally ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/chromecast/9d7f4ae9-cfa8-41b7-b4e7-fcc3984c8159
  8. Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video)

Google Chromecast and PLEX -- great combo (Audio and video): Hi there while no great love for Google I have to admit the Chromecast device is brilliant. Using PLEX (Free) on W10 / Linux (works on both) it works brilliantly to cast both your own local / server based VIDEO and AUDIO to a remote device and is so easily controlled with...
  9. Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video

Kodi App on Google chromecast for streaming video: Hi there. It's simple to install KODI on to an Amazon TV firestick (from an android phone simply use Apps2FireTV -- install KODI on the phone and then use the app to install on remote TV firestick --simple). What I want though is to know how to install Kodi on a...
  10. Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....

in Windows 10 News
    Security Flaws Found in Google Chromecast, Home Security Systems, ....: Security vulnerabilities will make the Internet of Things unusable in real life, despite all its cool new features [img] Security researchers at Kaspersky have decided to have a look at IoT-enabled devices and their lack of security measures. The results of their...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use chromecast with windows edge

2. google chromecast app for laptop using microsoft edge 2020