Windows 10: Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now

Discus and support Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I already sent feedback from Edge last night, but thought I'd put some more info in here since I tried to replicate and then solve the issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/latisullivan, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now

Hi! I already sent feedback from Edge last night, but thought I'd put some more info in here since I tried to replicate and then solve the issue.

Short story: Wanted to use Edge again and drop Firefox (just for context, don't ask why it's irrelevant). Went to Netflix and I got a "THREAD STUCK ON DEVICE DRIVER" BSOD. I was going to watch with my gf so I let it restart, used FF and no big deal. Today I woke up, tried again, same thing. 3 hours ago, I decided to reinstall Windows entirely, I didn't want to troubleshoot step by step.

Actual issue: Having HWInfo sensors on (and on sys tray) makes Edge (Both, legacy and new) crash the PC with a BSOD when trying to watch Netflix. I uninstalled ShareX and even made my RAM go back to stock, the problem persisted. I uninstalled HWInfo = fixed on both Edge.

My PC specs:

• Windows 10 pro (freshly installed and updated)
    • Ryzen 5 2600
    • 16GB HyperX RAM
    • MSI B350 VH-Pro Plus MoBo
    • RX 580 8GBGPU (latest non-beta GPU driver installed).

I hope this helps anyone else and the devs - this was found because I casually wanted to give Edge a new chance and it was just the time when typing in the address bar would crash the browser. Thought this was related but since the other thing was fixed it seems, I wanted to see what this was about. You can get in contact for any more info if you need. Have a great weekend :3

submitted by /u/latisullivan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/latisullivan, Jul 31, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 31, 2020
  3. edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now

1. Edge and HWInfo are incompatible for now - Similar Threads - Edge HWInfo are

2. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  3. Logfile from HWinfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logfile from HWinfo: I have a log file from HWinfo and i am hoping someone can read it and help me understand what was going on at the time i was playing borderlands 3 when i had a crashhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1VD0-ws_jkAaBHOV5-WaCvdNf0F7FhoTb/view?usp=sharing...
  4. HWiNFO 6.30

HWiNFO 6.30: New HWiNFO 6.30 now has Dark mode support for Windows 10 Download HWiNFO 6.30 [img] [img] 163446
  5. Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing when opening up the HWInfo software: So, I have a fairly new machine with these specs: CPU: Ryzen 3700X GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 Super RAM: G.SKill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600, 18-19-19-42 PSU: Seasonic M12i 620 Watts Every time my system boots up, I usually fire up the HWInfo software so that I can...
  6. Using HWINFO

Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  7. Using HWINFO

in Windows 10 Support
    Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...
  8. Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge - Incompatibility with Outlook Web App: Hi All My staff currently use the OWA when they connect to our server remotely via Juniper . Windows 10, in conjunction with the outlook web app and Microsoft Edge, seem to dissalow the attachments of items within an e-mail. When I open an e-mail, click on attach,...
  9. Hwinfo

Hwinfo: I use hwinfo to control fan speed, it works really well when you set the auto boot option in settings. The problem is that when the pc returns from sleep it forgets the fam settings and returns to default settings. I have just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this...
  10. Executing a shutdown in HWinfo

in Windows 10 Support
    Executing a shutdown in HWinfo: Is there a simple command I can use to shut down my PC in the HWinfo64 monitoring tool? It lets you program it to execute a program if a certain parameter is met. I want to tell it to shut down the PC if the CPU temp hits a certain max temp, just as a precaution, like...