Windows 10: Edge and IE 11

Discus and support Edge and IE 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by huffman, Oct 29, 2018.

1. huffman Win User

Edge and IE 11

When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on.
    I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time.
    How do I do that?

How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar?

:)

huffman, Oct 29, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 29, 2018
  3. IE 11 Cannot Import from Edge

Hi Nicholas,

As a workaround, we suggest you to export favorites from Microsoft Edge into a .html file and afterwards, import the .html file to Internet Explorer 11.

Here are the steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on the three horizontal dots on the upper-right corner of the Microsoft Edge window, and then click on
      Settings.
    • Under Favorites, click on the View favorites settings.
    • Under Import or export a file, click on Export to file.
    • Select the folder where you want to save the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, and then
      Save.

Once you have the .html file of your Microsoft Edge favorites, follow the steps below on how to import them to Internet Explorer 11.

• Open Internet Explorer 11.
    • On the menu bar, click on File, and then click on Import and export.
    • In the Import/Export Settings window, select Import from a file, and then click on
      Next.
    • In the next window, click on the checkbox for Favorites, and then click
      Next.
    • Browse and open the .html file you want to import, and then click Next.
    • Select Favorites to import to, and then click Import.
    • Once done, click on Finish.

Hope this helps.

Patricia Yu, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Jan Del Win User

Edge and IE 11

Internet Explorer 11 & Edge - flash player will not load

If you already tried the steps provided by Jomel_Santos, we suggest to reset the Internet Explorer 11 by following the steps on this
    link to make sure you do have the default settings of the browser.

For Microsoft Edge, please follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (...) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies andsaved website data, and
      Cached data and files then click Clear.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Edge and IE 11

1. Edge and IE 11 - Similar Threads - Edge

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  8. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default: So I play Baldur's Gate 3 and while working on adding a couple of mods in, I accidentally selected for all .pak files to open in Edge by default which has meant that ALL my .pak files for the game are trying to open in Edge which has essentially knackered my game. I have...
  9. How do I stop .pak files opening in Edge as Default

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge: When I click on a link in my email it tries to open the site in Microsoft Edge but is blocked by Cloudflare. However, if I copy the address and then paste it into google Chrome it opens the site. How do I disable Cloudflare on Microsoft Edge?...