Windows 10: Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

Discus and support Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft Surrendering to Google Chrome Is No Surprise Given These Figures This is a good idea. I was wondering what will such a browser look like? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by sdowney717, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

Microsoft Surrendering to Google Chrome Is No Surprise Given These Figures

This is a good idea. I was wondering what will such a browser look like? I assume it will work like Chrome, but will it look like Chrome? And MS will be contributing to the Chrome base engine and has suggested Mozilla do the same thing.

Really with open source code, everyone can own it and contribute improvements. It wont just be Google browser anymore. That is the beauty of open sourced code when many different groups unite as one to work together,

Microsoft Engineer Causes Online Wrath After Saying Firefox Should Use Chromium

:)

sdowney717, Feb 2, 2019
  2. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Jsssssssss, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

Chromium as default browser windows 10

Why can't I select Chromium (not Chrome) as my default browser in windows 10? I use Chromium almost exclusively. It works perfectly except that I can not make it the default browser. The settings menu for default apps does not list Chromium among the
    browser options.

carl---1948, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser

1. Edge and IE going away, MS embraces Chromium browser - Similar Threads - Edge going away

2. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  3. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge IE Mode: Hi, as the support for IE is due to be finished, this will be removed from our machines but this brings in an issue with loading legacy pages within Edge in IE Modei have removed IE from a machine by turning the feature off since then Edge will not load any legacy sites in IE...
  4. MS Edge IE Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium IE Mode Question: Hey all, I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up from MS and other sites tell me to enable it in edge://flags but it's not there and a few sites have said to check it in...
  6. MS Edge Chromium Browser.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge Chromium Browser.: Hello Is it possible for the new Edge Chromium browser to automatically open and already have pages that were open in the past . In MS Edge ,it was possible where in user closes Edge opens it and it has pages already/still has the pages open in the past. Regards, Rakesh...
  7. Edge Chromium browser slowing down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium browser slowing down: About three weeks ago I downloaded the new Edge Chromium browser. It was noticeably faster than my older Edge browser. I look a a lot of E-Bay photos each day from the same seller. They are usually the same digital size, and now my Edge Chromium is displaying them on my...
  8. MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner: Not recognized, tried adding Custom Location in ini file but didn't work, anyone have it working? 147377
  9. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  10. When will IE and Edge go away?

in Browsers and Email
    When will IE and Edge go away?: MS will never drop Edge. It would be a total humiliation. On tablets and touch screens Edge is great. I would use Edge all tthe time in my non touch laptop if it was not for one truly irritating bug. When I rapid scroll on a newly presented page with my mouse wheel, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is IE going away

2. edge browser going away

3. edge is going away

4. when is IE going away,
  5. Is IE going away?,
  6. microsoft IE going away?,
  7. ms chromium,
  8. IE will be going away,
  9. is edge going away,
  10. is ms edge going away,
  11. Is I.E. going away?,