Windows 10: Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

Discus and support Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by lewiedude, Aug 24, 2015.

1. lewiedude Win User

Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both Edge and IE. I am trying to stick with these two to take full advantage of the new features in Edge. I am also having delayed loading of other sites, like this one - it takes 10-15 seconds to get the body of the site loaded, otherwise it is just the top "bar" that loads and then just hangs with the blue background only.

What could be the problem? Is anyone else having this issue? Same problem with my SP3. I am very frustrated.

:)

lewiedude, Aug 24, 2015
  2. RCH3 Win User

Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

<Original title: Edge browser issues>

Google+ homepage will not load with Microsoft Edge browser. I will get a partial load of the web page with an error stating that the browser is not supported.

If I try to reload the page I will a screen offering me a choice of other browsers to use (chrome, IE 10, firefox and opera). I have read that there are problems loading with IE 11 improperly loading the Google homepage also. Is there a bug with Project
    Spartan or the Google website or perhaps my settings.

3. can't open any google sites in Edge or IE

I can't open anything.google.com, including youtube.com, in internet explorer 11 or Edge.

i'm running windows 10.

all sites open fine in chrome on the same PC.

there is no proxy.

other windows 10 PCs on the same network can open google sites in IE 11 and Edge.

there is nothing in my hosts file.

I have deleted browsing history and temporary internet files in IE 11 multiple times.

if I create a new user profile on this problem PC, the new profile also cannot open google sites in IE 11 or edge.

CurtMcgirt, Aug 24, 2015
  4. tcman50 Win User

To me win10 is running and loading sites faster than windows 8.1, not sure what your issues are.

Is your internet connection stable, is your video driver stable?

TC

tcman50, Aug 24, 2015
  5. lewiedude Win User
    Good question on the video driver. I will say that prior to the weekend, all had been running quite nicely. Of course when I ran a speed test, I tested out at 22mbps down and 1.6mbps up. UVERSE is my provider.

Would my video driver have been compromised in some way from last week to yesterday?

lewiedude, Aug 24, 2015
  6. Muffy Win User
    Muffy, Sep 1, 2015
  7. lewiedude Win User
    I had thought of using Chrome, but wanted to unadulterated Windows 10 + Edge experience. Funny enough, now looks like the speed has picked back up to "normal" and I had to install Chrome for other reasons (compatibility with a web-site for work).

And to further clarify, I was having speed issues with both Windows Phone 8.1Denim and Windows 10 Pro by way of syncing, etc., in Outlook 2013 and other third party apps/software.

lewiedude, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Muffy Win User

I have Windows Phone also 8.1 update 2 *Thumbs

Muffy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally - Similar Threads - Edge Loading Google

2. Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2

in Browsers and Email
    Automatic redirect of unsupported sites in IE to Edge in 20H2: In 20H2 if you try to open a website in Internet Explorer that says it doesn't support IE then IE will automatically open the site in Chromium Edge and close. One such site is Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free & Borrowable Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine This...
  3. edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    edge and ie can't access https sites, but Chrome can: Running Windows 10 Pro in Windows Insider Slow Ring - but is stuck on 2004 OS Build 19041.208. Edge on Chrome complained that it needed an upgrade an suggested reinstall. The Edge Beta site only said I was on Edge on Chrome so use Windows Update. Windows Update give the...
  4. Can't load Google sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't load Google sites: Pls, i need some help. My Laptop seems not to load any google sites like youtube, google drive, google classroom. How can these be solve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-load-google-sites/04f37b1c-f207-4830-abde-d4df44dfa6d7
  5. Failure to load non-Google sites

Failure to load non-Google sites: My laptop is connected to the internet. So is everything else in my home. However, on my laptop, I can only load Google, Facebook, and YouTube. Nothing else will load. I have tried every possible suggestion that I have found when I search using another device. I believe...
  6. google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.

google and youtube not open in IE 11 and EDGE.: I recently installed internet explorer 11 on my PC. My system uses windows 10. I cannot open search engine page (Google and youtube) Does anyone know why or how I can fix this? Now I live in china boundary! Thanks...
  7. IE not edge

in Windows 10 Support
    IE not edge: how do I get internet explorer so I don't need to use edge. every time I get it it goes disappears I am new to windows10 don 't know where anything is very frustraiting 117429
  8. Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (and IE) loading slowly and locking up?: Since upgrading to Windows 10 about 10 days ago I repeatedly experience slow Edge page loading and then Edge locking up. I am on Surface Pro. I have set my own custom start page. IE loads faster but it too periodically locks up and needs restarting. This never happened before...
  9. Loading ie over edge

in Browsers and Email
    Loading ie over edge: Can ie 10 or 11 be loaded over edge and then set as default? My laptop came with windows 8.1 loaded and I have upgraded to windows 10 recently. I do not like the way edge functions and would like to taka step back one or two versions. I also don't like the results using the...
  10. IE or Edge

in Browsers and Email
    IE or Edge: which is better to use Edge or IE sorry i'm a bit confused are they the same but different or are they just different why did MS keep both 20303