Windows 10: Edge and LastPass

Discus and support Edge and LastPass in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just to mention: I have tried a number of times to install the LastPass extension on Edge. The installation appears to go OK but later, the message is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mart44, Aug 2, 2016.

1. mart44 Win User

Edge and LastPass

Just to mention: I have tried a number of times to install the LastPass extension on Edge. The installation appears to go OK but later, the message is that the app encountered a problem and needs reinstalling to repair it. This doesn't do the trick though. It seems to be a LastPass problem as Adblock Plus installs OK.

:)

mart44, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Buzzmag Win User

Where To Get LastPass Extension forMS Edge

Where To Get LastPass
    Extension forMS Edge

I'm running W10 Pro 14393.51 v1607 Anniversary Update. I have the LastPass app installed but haven't been able to find the LastPass Edge
    extension in the Windows store. Any ideas?

Buzzmag, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Edge form filling

Microsoft 10 Edge DOES NOT SUPPORT FORM FILLING... LastPass WILL NOT RUN UNDER WINDOWS 10...

JefferyMoss, Aug 2, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Edge and LastPass

spunk, Aug 2, 2016
  5. mart44 Win User
    Ah right - Thanks for that. *Smile I'll try it from time to time. One thing I notice that has been fixed with the update. Edge remembers its window position now.

mart44, Aug 2, 2016
  6. ARC1020 Win User
    Some of us have had problems installing Edge extensions. Try what I posted in Post No.10 at the following link and see if that helps:

The new extensions for Edge don't work

ARC1020, Aug 2, 2016
  7. brianzion Win User
    brianzion, Aug 2, 2016
  8. JayStar Win User

Edge and LastPass

I have Lastpass working but I have narrowed down a major problem with it... it is responsible for killing the performance of edge to the point a page can take 10-15 seconds to load.. switch it off and page loads in a second. Tried multiple tests and it's certainly an issue with the extension. Seems to only effect about 50% of web pages though.

JayStar, Aug 8, 2016
  9. dafydd Win User
    Hi.I installed the LastPass with windows 10 edge yesterday all went okay.
    One point is it don't remember my email as the box is checked to save the login email.
    One last question to you have you been using Lastpass before windows ten?. If you have what are your feelings on inserting your credit card details into it, Would you say its secure enough even with a strong master password.
    Many Thanks.

dafydd, Aug 8, 2016
  10. brianzion Win User
    I have used lastpasss since they started with no issues I change my master pasword very often

brianzion, Aug 9, 2016
  11. mart44 Win User
    I have been using LastPass for quite a few years and it has never given a problem. Just make sure you do have a strong master password. Something like: vSZyA42W>ZzQ5/ might be considered good? There have been a couple of security scares that I can remember but these were fixed long ago and there has been no trouble for ages. I believe it was only those with weak master passwords that were at risk (do a search for 'lastpass security breach' on the Internet).

Perhaps it is OK for storing credit card details but I prefer not to do it. I'd always prefer to just type those in when they are needed.

mart44, Aug 9, 2016
  12. glivo Win User
    I realise this is an older thread but this is still occurring. It caused severe issues on my system that was only several days old Windows 10 Pro x64. It was the occurrence of this problem that led me to try to use System Restore (failed) and then eventually reinstall Windows 10 and go off on a wild goose chase relating to SysRes.

Anyway, to this issue. LastPass did to my system exactly what JayStar has reported, only worse. Switching the extension off did not rectify the problem for me. Also, since Edge became unusable I tried to use Chrome. It too had slowed right down. I reinstalled Windows 10 and LastPass to immediately notice the same issue return. If you look in Event Viewer you will find that Microsoft Edge is hanging and giving Error code 1002. I have passed this information on to LastPass and await further advise.

For now I have not put LastPass back on my system, which is a total pain. When it was installed the first time I went through and used it's "generate" password function to change all of my secure passwords from self-memorised to managed. I now have to view the passwords on my tablet to use them on my computer.

glivo, Feb 27, 2017
  13. Edge and LastPass

for me, both adguard and pocket are working. not last pass. and edge's built in pass keeper doesn't do its job.

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge and LastPass

1. Edge and LastPass - Similar Threads - Edge LastPass

2. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  3. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?: I want all email & web links to take me to my default browser -- whether that be Chrome or Firefox. Sound familiar smile?Found a lot of suggestions with Google.But have yet to find the magic bullet i.e., solution short of uninstalling Microsoft Edge....
  4. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Is there a way to prevent links in email taking me to Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Lastpass and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lastpass and Edge: Until today, Lastpass has worked no problem with Edge. Today I noticed after rebooting the machine, I have to put the master password in Lastpass. Prior to this, I didn't although there was one time it did that a long time ago and one of the settings in Lastpass fixed it. But...
  8. Edge and Lastpass

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Lastpass: I've been using Lastpass for ever and a week and suddenly, when I close down the browser and restart it again, I have to keep adding the master password. This problem only began today. Edge is saving the cookies, so that's not the problem. Has any got an idea as to...
  9. Edge will not remember Lastpass login

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will not remember Lastpass login: Windows 10 1703 15063.413 64 bit. Microsoft Edge opens every time with the default home page as set by me (google.com) and always opens a second window for a lastpass login. I have lastpass premium, and if I login, the lastpass icon turns red, and it works as expected....
  10. Edge and Lastpass

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and Lastpass: Been using Lastpass with edge for a while without any problems, But this week something has spooked it the last pass wont remember my email. Has anyone got this issue please and some advice. Thanks. 77046