Windows 10: Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update

Discus and support Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have just updated my PC from 1803 to 1809 on company's PC. Now I noticed that Edge and Mail apps are not working. Meanwhile I can use Outlook,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gregorc Simon, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update

I have just updated my PC from 1803 to 1809 on company's PC.

Now I noticed that Edge and Mail apps are not working. Meanwhile I can use Outlook, Chrome, Firefox, IE without any problem.

It seems like a proxy problem to me (Microsoft apps can't connect to proxy for some reason).

Now that I'm writing I also opened Microsoft Store and it says to check my connection. So this one also isn't working.

Windows updates also weren't working but I fixed that with adding something to registry: https://appuals.com/windows-updates-error-0x8024401c/

Does anyone have similar problem or any solution for this?

:)

Gregorc Simon, Oct 3, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Ethernet and Network Connections, Edge, Cortana and Mail.

Hi Jonah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I am sorry to hear that you are facing problems with connecting Edge and Modern Apps.

Follow the steps given below to resolve this issue:

Edge and Modern Apps can't connect.

• Network Troubleshooter.
    Steps to run troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooter in the search box.
    • Click on view all.
    • Click on Network Adapter.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

2. Try a different network adapter/connection type if possible.

3. Check for Windows Updates.

4. Check for drivers for the network adapter.

5. Open a CMD window as Administrator:

1. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

2. sfc /scannow.

3. set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1.

4. start devmgmt.msc.

6. This last command should open Device Manager in a way that will enable us to see previously-connected devices.

1. View, Show Hidden Devices.

2. Check the Network adapters category for grayed-out network devices.

3. For any that relate to a physical network adapter, right-click and Uninstall.

4. Also look to see if you have any third-party VPN components in this list. If you do, try uninstalling that software from Programs and Features.

7. Restart at this point and test for resolution.

8. Check to be sure the Network Location Awareness service is running.

9. Check the System log for Error and Warning events related to Networking.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 3, 2018
  4. Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update

edge will not open and no internet connection

Hi,

This issue happens due to network privacy settings, antivirus settings, or an incompatible network driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

Also, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Apps & features, and then press Enter.
    • From the list of apps, look for Microsoft Edge, and then click on it.
    • Click on Advanced options link.
    • Click on Reset button.
    • Click on Reset button again to confirm.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update

1. Edge and Mail can't connect to network after 1809 update - Similar Threads - Edge Mail can't

2. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  3. Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network stuck at "Connecting" or "Can't Connect To This Network".: The title says it all, but i have read other problem submissions and solutions but none of them work. This includes resetting my network, using device manager, using command prompt, and pretty much every other solution posted out there. ...there.If it helps, it says "Checking...
  4. Can't connect to network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to network: Not sure why but I just got my PC and I can't connect to my home wifi, connected to my mobile Hotspot just fine but when I try to connect to my wifi it connects for a second then drops and gives me the message it can't connect, please help. submitted by...
  5. Can't find networks in windows 1809

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't find networks in windows 1809: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/frinklyfrank [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm1k13/cant_find_networks_in_windows_1809/
  6. No network connection after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network connection after update: Today I had "Definition Updates" and "Driver Updates" for HP. My laptop is HP Envy and after restarting the computer I'm not able to see any networks. I was trying to do many things found on Internet. When trying to press start in WLAN AutoConfig the following information...
  7. Can't connect to network.

Can't connect to network.: About 5 days ago, I was playing a game when suddenly I disconnected from my wifi. I had to wait around 2 minutes for the networks to show up. When I tried to connect back, it said "Can't connect to this network". Every other device in my house was fine and could connect....
  8. Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809

Networking problem after Windows 10 Update 1809: After I updated my PCs to Windows 10 1809 update my WLAN connectivity stopped. I am unable to reconnect all my computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-problem-after-windows-10-update-1809/9d6bcbf0-3647-44f6-9b96-ecd5c796c666
  9. Edge won't open after 1809 update

Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....
  10. After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After October update 1809 Edge, Cortana, and Store don't connect to internet, but Chrome...: * After what seemed to be an OK update to V.1809 Edge,Cortana and Edge do not connect to internet. I get no specific error message only a can't connect to Internet or internet connection missing. It is not a network problem since I can connect to Internet with Chrome,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 edge dont print

2. outlook issues after 1809 update

3. windows mail app wont print after 1809

4. edge cannot connect proxy 1809,
  5. edge vpn issue,
  6. unable to connect to network computers from my vm in win 10 1809,
  7. unable to connect to LMI 1809,
  8. outlook issues since 1809 update,
  9. windows 1809 proxy problems,
  10. windows 10 1809 proxy issues,
  11. network not working after update 1809,