Windows 10: edge and one drive

Discus and support edge and one drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to use a more secure browser, and set duckduckgo as the default, but Edge keeps interfering, opening its own windows, and trying to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathyDisplayName, Sep 21, 2020.

1. edge and one drive

I want to use a more secure browser, and set duckduckgo as the default, but Edge keeps interfering, opening its own windows, and trying to save passwords. I don't want anything to do with Edge. Can I delete it? I'm not using Office programs.

I also want all of my documents saved on my computer, but find that something is always saving them onto One Drive. Then I can't delete them from One Drive. I want NOTHING on One Drive and I don't want to argue with my computer about it. Again, I'm not using Microsoft Office programs

:)

KathyDisplayName, Sep 21, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 21, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 21, 2020
  4. edge and one drive

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

edge and one drive

1. edge and one drive - Similar Threads - edge drive

2. Multiple BSOD on Windows 10 MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MS-7B17 driving me mad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD on Windows 10 MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MS-7B17 driving me mad: This is now a few weeks I am facing several blue screens per day... I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro from latest build, I updated BIOS, all drivers and I am lost and it is driving me crazy: Operating System Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit CPU...
  3. Google Drive PWA Doesn't Show Install on Edge Chromium, any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Drive PWA Doesn't Show Install on Edge Chromium, any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lord_Mithalvaiel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f0v6mp/google_drive_pwa_doesnt_show_install_on_edge/
  4. Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive

in Browsers and Email
    Copy Edge and Chrome Favorites / Bookmarks from Damaged Drive: Had a thread I started in the Performance & Maintenance sub-forum about a REALLY slow Toshiba laptop. I eventually put in a new drive and re-installed W10. Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.418. I put the old, slightly damaged drive in a caddy and was easily able to copy...
  5. when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when I swiched to microsoft edge, I lost my sound and now it says no speakers no hard drive: I have no sound and it now says I have no device and no speakers. This happened when I switched to microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-swiched-to-microsoft-edge-i-lost-my-sound/04de11f4-c6ca-44b8-8386-d03e7b6d1adb
  6. Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings will not open, Edge has disappeared, and temp files are filling up c drive in...: My c drive filled completely with temp files a couple months ago, and at the same time I could not open settings (using the icon or the search box), or edge. At some point edge disappeared altogether - will not come up with a search. Microsoft Store icon is missing. Through...
  7. Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

in Windows 10 News
    Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported: After Google Meet and Google Doc, Google Drive is also marked as unsupported in Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge uses Chromium that also powers Google Chrome, but due to Google’s whitelisting policy, the new browser has been marked as unsupported. If you...
  8. I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to move IE and Edge data to a new drive. How can I do so?: My windows stopped booting up on my original drive, so I purchased a new one got a fresh install of windows running. I can see all the files on the old drive, just need to move everything over to the new bootable drive. I had the "pickup where you left off" feature on both...
  9. Windows Edge slow after putting in new hard drive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Edge slow after putting in new hard drive: My wife's hard drive was small, so I got her a 1tb one. I cloned the new drive and everything seems to work except edge. I took a screen shot in taskmanager and it showed 11 events under Microsoft Edge. I don't know what happened, but should I try to reinstall Edge again. My...
  10. Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?

in Browsers and Email
    Does Edge copy the messages on my drive?: In the mail application of Windows 10 (Edge, I think it's called), do the messages shown get copied and stored on my drive? - Because, If this is the case, if the messages I see have been downloaded and are taking precious disk space on my drive, I'll prefer to access my...