Windows 10: Edge and Store not working

Discus and support Edge and Store not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Both apps are not working after the upgrade. I've read of others having the same problems and I have even tried some of the suggested fixes. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lexus One, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Lexus One Win User

Edge and Store not working

Both apps are not working after the upgrade. I've read of others having the same problems and I have even tried some of the suggested fixes.

They are still not working.

:)

Lexus One, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Microsoft store and Edge not working

Hi Javier,

There may be an issue with the settings or files of Windows Store and Microsoft Edge that is why they cannot connect to the Internet. If you currently have the version 1709 (Fall Creators Update) of Windows 10, you can use the repair app tool to resolve
    the issue. To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Select Apps.
    • On the left pane, choose Apps & features.
    • Look for the Windows Store app, and then select it.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • You can choose either "Repair" or "Reset". Choose Repair.
    • Do the same steps to Microsoft Edge.
    • Access Windows Store and Microsoft Edge to see if they will connect to the Internet.
    • If the issue persists, we recommend that you use the reset tool. This will clear the data of the apps. You can follow the same steps again but instead of choosing "Repair", choose
      Reset.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Microsoft store and Edge not working

Hi,

After installing the latest update from MS, the app store and edge are not connecting to the internet at all. All apps have an internet connection except these two. What should I do? Please, help!

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup)

JavierBracho, Jul 29, 2015
  4. snafufux Win User

Edge is working on me though not that smooth but I also have problems regarding Store. It runs but until you search for a certain app it suddenly disappear.

snafufux, Jul 30, 2015
  5. Lexus One Win User
    I just resolved my problem with Edge and Store. My DNS client (caching) service was disabled. Not sure why. I turned it back on and now everything works!

Lexus One, Aug 1, 2015
  6. dblanksma Win User
    I have this issue with the Store. It opens momentarily, loads with the graphic for about one second, then closes. My DNS client service was not disabled either. Any other suggestions?

dblanksma, Aug 1, 2015
  7. snafufux Win User
    I resolved my Windows Store issue with some fix on Time and Date settings. My time zone is set to US (-8) after the upgrade while I'm at (+8). After changing the time zone to +8, walla! Store is up and running.

snafufux, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Lexus One Win User

Interesting. This is what I found when I was investigating this problem. No common ground. I also tried things that worked for others but didn't work for me.

Lexus One, Aug 1, 2015
  9. wheeler81 Win User
    To all having problems with edge not working and any associated problems.
    Please try going to user control panel. Find in Code: 'user account control setting'[/quote] .Set value one level lower than "Always notify". If this is turned off edge and other functions will not work.*really

wheeler81, May 9, 2016
  10. macsrwe Win User
    Encountered a client's machine today on which Firefox and full IE could access the network just fine, but Edge, Chrome, MS Store, and all the AV updaters couldn't get out.

Tried all the recommended fixes to no avail. Malwarebytes found one trojan and a lot of adware, but didn't fix the problem. Network Reset reliably froze the machine.

Noticed the problem didn't exist in Safe Boot (well, you can't run Edge at all in Safe Boot, but everything else came back).

Eventually, it occurred to me to try scanning with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit. Bingo, it turned up a nasty trojan called Trojan.0Access. Wiped that out, and all the issues disappeared.

macsrwe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge and Store not working - Similar Threads - Edge Store working

2. Microsoft edge, Chrome and Microsoft store does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft edge, Chrome and Microsoft store does not work.: A while ago Microsoft edge would open and then a second later it would close, but my chrome worked fine so I ignored using edge. But I left a game running all night and when I woke up my pc was frozen so I held the power button until it turned off and turned it back on and...
  3. Microsoft edge, Chrome and Microsoft store does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft edge, Chrome and Microsoft store does not work.: A while ago Microsoft edge would open and then a second later it would close, but my chrome worked fine so I ignored using edge. But I left a game running all night and when I woke up my pc was frozen so I held the power button until it turned off and turned it back on and...
  4. Microsoft Store and Edge and the system updater doesn't work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store and Edge and the system updater doesn't work: I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 about a year ago and since then microsoft store won't open, it'll say that it had trouble with connecting to the microsoft servers. edge won't load pages, it'll say that the page I'm looking for couldn't be found. And lastly, sytstem updater...
  5. microsoft store,edge not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    microsoft store,edge not working: Though I'm connected to internet why microsoft edge,store showing me that I'm not connceted to internet...but at same time i can use any other browser...this is senseless and so irritating...and I want to know the **** reason....
  6. UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Off and needs to be but store and edge won't work: We have to turn off the UAC because of a old software package we use but this stops us being able to use the store and edge due to the cannot be used on the built in admin account. Anyone know a way around this. Or a better way of doing this Also as our group policy are...
  7. Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad Scroll work in Firefox, Explorer but not in Store, Edge: Hi guys, hope someone can fix this: Lenovo Thinkpad R500 - Touchpad scroll works in Internet Explorer, Firefox, File Explorer, Device manager, Help and some other places, but it does not work in Start menu or any menu under Control panel, Edge or Windows Store - no matter...
  8. Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Not Working in Edge & Windows Store Apps, Edge Won't Close: I've been having this problem since I upgraded to the creator's update. Sometimes everything works perfectly, but most of the time I have these issues: Edge won't connect to internet or load anything I can't close tabs in Edge The "Close all tabs" option in edge doesn't...
  9. microsoft edge and store not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft edge and store not working in Windows 10: Hello, I have installed windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop which had Windows 7 but after installation of Windows 10 i can not able to open Microsoft edge, Store, setting from starts menu. It always comes with an error message "Element not found" Can u please help...
  10. Start, Store, Edge no longer working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start, Store, Edge no longer working: I have had Windows 10 since it was available, and everything was working fine til just recently. Edge, Start, store, Cortana, no longer work. I did find a fix on You-Tube ( using powershell), that was only temporary, at best. It seems to work for a few minutes when I boot up,...