Windows 10: Edge and Task View

Discus and support Edge and Task View in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; It seems that if you have Edge open on one desktop, and then try to open a separate instance on a separate task view desktop, then OS just pops you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Jeido, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Jeido Win User

Edge and Task View

It seems that if you have Edge open on one desktop, and then try to open a separate instance on a separate task view desktop, then OS just pops you back to the Desktop where Edge is already running rather than opening up a new instance of Edge.

I found a workaround to be opening a new tab, separating it from the rest, going into Task View, and dragging/dropping that new tab into the next desktop instance. This is ridiculously cumbersome though; has anyone found a better way?

:)

Jeido, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Zequez Win User

Closing some apps from the task view closes the task view itself

For example, if you open the Task View and you close Edge, the Task View will be closed. If you do the same but close Explorer (the files browser), the Task View stays open. It seems to happen with all Modern apps. With touch screen and with mouse.

Zequez, Jul 29, 2015
  3. I need to completely disable task view (left swipe function)

I have seen several posts requesting this same feature, but every response simply explains how to disable the button.

I have a kiosk time clock that I need to completely disable the task view feature altogether to prevent users from getting out of the kiosk application.

This is on a Surface Pro 4, running Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

I have disabled the button through the task bar properties, and have edited the group policy (Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Edge UI / Allow edge swipes), which is currently set to disabled.

I have restarted the machine after making these changes.

However, I still have the task view appear whenever a left edge swipe is performed.

Anything else possible to eliminate the task view edge swipe?

ShaunBroyhill, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Edge and Task View

As of right now, this is how all Universal apps work. You can only create a single instance of them (edge can open multiple windows, but it's still a single instance of the app). Edge is a universal app, so this is the way it works (for now). I expect this will change over time, like many other limitations... as Windows 10 matures, these limitations will be removed.

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Hi,

if you open up a second Tab in edge and then detach it so you have two Edges on Desktop one -

go to Desktop view so you can see all your desktops and then drag the Detached Tab to the second desktop -

#Sorted

leftcheats, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    That was exactly what he said he already was doing....

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  7. That's exactly the bit I didn't read then.

*Sick

leftcheats, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Jeido Win User

Edge and Task View

Yeah, and it looks like this method doesn't stick when rebooting. If you shut down your PC then your Edge session is saved, but Task Views are not. When you open Edge you get both windows opened again, but under your first Task View desktop. You need to re-create a second view and drag Edge over again.

It's not the end of the world, but definitely causes something that is simple conceptually to be tedious.

Jeido, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Task view doesn't save any session info, other than how many virtual desktops you have added. You have to re-open apps on the right screen every time.

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge and Task View

1. Edge and Task View - Similar Threads - Edge Task View

2. task view

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    task view: How to delete a item from the task view screen? Tried using the remove and clear buttons which did not work, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/ada0f109-777a-421a-85d9-42d7cd26f196"
  3. task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view: How to disable photo app in the task view windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/b9b37d91-287b-49c4-b917-ae2d18c4a519
  4. Task View

Task View: In the past, when I would open a file from the task view timeline, a Word doc I worked on the day before for instance, the file would open in Word in the usual way, but now it opens in my browser. Is this due to an update? Is there a setting for this? The way it is task view...
  5. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hi,Some of my visited websites have stuck in TASK VIEW timeline even after clearing them in activity history settings.How should i clear them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view/fb788a98-47f9-430e-86c3-7ae1dccac09d
  6. TASK VIEW

TASK VIEW: Hello, how can i revert back to the old Task View button. It was completely fine before and now its practically unusable. Its extremely had to navigate between desktops and apps themselves....
  7. Task View

Task View: I open Task View to clear all of the things I have done on the computer that day and generally it works. Yesterday and today there are two that won't delete. I even tried to remove it individually and it still won't go. I clicked on it to see if it was still an active task...
  8. Task View

Task View: After latest windows10 update, I am seeing a scroll bar in "Task View". Please let me know how can I disable that scroll bar, which is not required for me....
  9. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: Hello guys………………………. Can you please help...……………...when I hover over the Task View icon a window opens but as soon as I take the mouse off the icon the window closes....how can I keep the Task View widow open? Your help would be much appreciated....I am using Windows 10...
  10. Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View: In the bottom bar is three windows labelled tasdkbar; two small bigger one in middle. When I click on it it shows another version of my desktop, but minus icons. What is the function? 12639

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task view and edge