Windows 10: EDGE and User Id's

Discus and support EDGE and User Id's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On some websites I enter my userid and also click on save userid. When I log back later the userid is not saved and I have to enter it again. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kenneth Pincus, Jul 14, 2020.

1. EDGE and User Id's

On some websites I enter my userid and also click on save userid. When I log back later the userid is not saved and I have to enter it again. Is there a setting in EDGE that I need to set? Also is there a setting in EDGE that I need to turn off so that the user id's are not deleted? Thanks

:)

Kenneth Pincus, Jul 14, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Failed to login into dlink dnr-202l using microsoft edge

Hi Kalpana,

Thank you for your reply. I did what you suggested; but the same issue showed where failed to login with user ID and password; however, the same user ID and password work when using Internet Explorer.

First steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge
    • Click more options (...)
    • Select "Settings"
    • Click button "Choose what to clear" under "Clear browsing data"
    • "Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data, Cached data and files" are selected.
    • Click "Clear" button
    • Open new tab by clicking "+" sign
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Second steps:

• Launch Microsoft Edge in private mode
    • Enter IP address to open device (DNR-202L) login screen
    • In the login dialog screen, enter the user ID and password and click "OK" button
    • Dialog login screen shows again. Do this step 3 times and get message
    Access Error: 401 -- Unauthorized

Access Denied, Authorization enabled.

Please let me know, if there is anything I can provide to solve this issue.

Regards,

Glasgow

Shadow Eagle, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

EDGE and User Id's

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

EDGE and User Id's

1. EDGE and User Id's - Similar Threads - EDGE User Id's

2. fortget user id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fortget user id: Dear microsoft team,please be inform you that,i had purchase new laptop with preinstall microsoft life time, hence while signup suddenly laptop crashed, meanwhile i forget user id since 11 july 2023, i am trying to recover my user id with reference of alternative details but...
  3. fortget user id

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fortget user id: Dear microsoft team,please be inform you that,i had purchase new laptop with preinstall microsoft life time, hence while signup suddenly laptop crashed, meanwhile i forget user id since 11 july 2023, i am trying to recover my user id with reference of alternative details but...
  4. How to get Live id user id?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get Live id user id?: Hello, How to get Live id user id? I able to do it programmatically with Live SDK Assembly Microsoft.Live and my id is '1485e587dd6b1811' LiveConnectClient liveClient = new LiveConnectClient_LiveAuthClient.Session;...
  5. USER ID

in Windows 10 Customization
    USER ID: I just installed the new EDGE and now all the user ids are not being saved when I click the save user id for every website that I go to. What setting do I need to set in the new EDGE? Thanks...
  6. user ID , pin and passwords

user ID , pin and passwords: I have 2 laptops running windows 10. Can i use the same user ID, password, pin, cellphone number, and email address for both laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-id-pin-and-passwords/b35bb65a-0f9d-4841-a207-d180ecf335e3
  7. Event 360 user id ??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Event 360 user id ??: Description: Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched. Device is AAD joined AADJ or DJ++ : Not Tested User has logged on with AAD credentials: No Windows Hello for Business policy is enabled: Not Tested Windows Hello for Business post-logon...
  8. Edge doesn’t allow for autofill User ID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge doesn’t allow for autofill User ID: I noticed that Edge doesn’t allow me to autofill my User ID anymore. I used to do it before but now I have to type in my User ID every time I want to log into my email. I don’t have this problem in IE. What’s the matter??...
  9. User ID Clone

in Windows 10 Customization
    User ID Clone: Most of the time I use my laptop (Lenovo YOGA) as a desktop, in other words I close the cover and use a large screen, a standard keyboard and mouse and a dock through which I access additional disks. There are several small settings that I change, for example the display size...
  10. User-ID/Password problems

User-ID/Password problems: On my home Wifi net, I have had my HP desktop, a Dell Venue pad and a Samsung TV. All co-existed quite well for years. Around April this year, I resuscitated my deceased wife's HP laptop, giving a new battery. All 3 computers run Windows 10. Since the May-June Windows...