Windows 10: Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

Discus and support Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open. [img] 119766 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by fireberd, Oct 13, 2018.

1. fireberd Win User

Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open

V1809 with the last Tuesday update. When closing Edge, it always asks to close all tabs even though there is only one tab open.

Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Oct 13, 2018
  2. cfourkays Win User

Edge opens with old tabs

Must of happened after the last update, maybe.
    I'll have 2 or 3 tabs open.
    I red X and get the "Do you want to close all tabs?"
    Close all and everything closes.

Reopen Edge and I have the same tabs open.
    I've restored Edge to defaults.

In "Open Microsoft Edge with" I have:

"A specific page or pages"
    http://www.google.com"

Open new tabs with
    "Top sites and suggested content"

My laptop has exactly the same settings without the problem.
    Weird
    Pete

cfourkays, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Command line/tab

QUESTION/suggestion:
    * Why not remember the last active tab?
    For example, if you are on tab 2 and close the program, then run it again, for the program to open tab 2 again. But if the -tab X command-line option is used, then the program goes to X tab, regardless of last active tab.

Does that make sense?

4. mrgeek Win User

Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

"If you don't mind, post a screenshot showing this registry key location to see if anything else may stand out as unusual. "

Still not sticking. Here's reg w/your key added, no problem closing all tabs by clicking 'X' in upper-R corner of Edge, no message.

Now, re-open Edge with several tabs open. Click 'X' and message appears again. Filled in 'Always close ***' and closed Edge. Here's screen before closing, you see dialog box again

Refreshed View of registry and, as you can see, key is now gone again.

Just an annoyance but I know that on every other browser, ticking the box lets me close all by simply clicking 'X' in upper R. Any help or suggestions welcome and Thanks.

mrgeek, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge asks to close all tabs with only one tab open - Similar Threads - Edge asks close

2. Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge closes the previous tab when I open a new one: Using Windows 10 Home and Edge Version 90.0.818.46 Official build 64-bitAny time I open a new tab it closes the previous tab. I've shut down and restarted but the problem is still there. Probably going to use Chrome instead if this continues....
  3. Closing all open tabs by mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Closing all open tabs by mistake: Hello there! I know I have seen similar posts as this regarding the unfortunate propensity of Windows 10 to close all open tabs without any warning when the top right 'X' is clicked. Until recently a warning appeared asking if I wanted to close all tabs or just the current...
  4. Closing Out Tab in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Closing Out Tab in Edge: I use Edge browser and alot of the time I'm in full screen with multiple tabs open. I'm aware that ctl + tab will jump from tab to tab. My question, is there a shortcut on the keyboard to close out the tab I'm viewing and not close the other tabs? 126336
  5. Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...

in Browsers and Email
    Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...: Hi Guys I often open entire folder from favorites to open multiple tabs at once. The issue i have is that Edge is loading only first/current tab and rest of the tab when click on them. This way i loose time waiting until page will be loaded. Is there any trick to force Edge...
  6. Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge loads only current tab while opening multiple tabs...: Hi Guys I often open entire folder from favorites to open multiple tabs at once. The issue i have is that Edge is loading only first/current tab and rest of the tab when click on them. This way i loose time waiting until page will be loaded. Is there any trick to force Edge...
  7. Close all Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Close all Tabs: When using a search engine and having the need to return to a previous page, at present I am unable to do so. All I can do is either "Cancel" or "Close all Tabs" . This means I lose the site and have to start all over again. I am using Windows10 64byte. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Close All Tabs setting not working in Edge: Having this problem with Edge.. EVERY time I close Edge up pops that silly "Do you want to close all tabs?" window along with checking the "Always close all tabs" box.. I say Yes and check the box but it doesn't hold the setting.. Anyone know of a way to stop this annoying...
  9. "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?

in Browsers and Email
    "Do you want to close all tabs" How set it up to close just one tab?: I have tried what I could find on the web to set up 10 to close just the one tab I'm in. I'm at a loss , is there a way with multiple tabs open to close just one. In 7 it was easy, why eliminate the easy way in 10? Is there a way to do it, it's important. Otherwise all tabs...
  10. Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ask to Close All Tabs in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge only asks for close all tabs