Windows 10: Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

Discus and support Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scooter60624, May 6, 2019.

1. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed something. It is very annoying. Is there anyway to stop that? Thanks!

:)

scooter60624, May 6, 2019
  2. CheriR Win User

Remove Bing and the Cluttered Launch Page in Microsoft Edge

Thank you BulldogXX

My version is evidently diabolical. When I go to

Microsoft Edge > Settings menu (3 horizontal dots) > Settings > View advanced settings > Change search engine > Google

The ONLY option available is Bing. (I would have attached a screen print, but it exceeded the length of messages. The heading said 'Choose one' and there was only Bing listed with no visible way to input a choice)

But your second instruction for changing the launch page may have solved the problem. I entered 'www.google.com' as the launch and it seems like a promising result. I tried a couple of searches and there was no sign of Bing or the cluttered launch page.

Thanks again!

CheriR, May 6, 2019
  3. CheriR Win User
    Remove Bing and the Cluttered Launch Page in Microsoft Edge

I have Microsoft Edge for Windows 10. The default search is Bing and I prefer Google. I can't find a way to change it.

I also don't want to see all the garbage on the start page. Can I get it to launch with just the search bar and my most visited pages?

CheriR, May 6, 2019
  4. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

How to run Edge automatically at startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to run Microsoft Edge automatically after the boot. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• PressWindows key + R from Desktop.
    • Type shell:startup and press
      ok.
    • The Startup folder for the logged in user account will now appear.
    • Drag and drop the programs that you wish to run automatically at boot add their shortcuts to the Startup.
    • Restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

1. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup - Similar Threads - Edge automatically launches

2. Microsoft Edge always launching on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge always launching on startup: Seemingly out of nowhere, Edge decided it would be nice to launch itself on bootup and it's been quite annoying. It's already disabled in Task Manager & in Settings yet somehow is still starting up whenever I boot up my computer and the first thing I see after login is the...
  3. Microsoft Edge always launching on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge always launching on startup: Seemingly out of nowhere, Edge decided it would be nice to launch itself on bootup and it's been quite annoying. It's already disabled in Task Manager & in Settings yet somehow is still starting up whenever I boot up my computer and the first thing I see after login is the...
  4. Help with Bing Home Page in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Help with Bing Home Page in Edge: I've used Bing Home page in Edge for quite awhile. Today I noticed a scroll bar on the right side of picture. I scrolled down and all this garbage was displayed. I've high lighted the areas in question. Edge is up to date and don't think it's related to Fat Tuesdays' CU. Does...
  5. pc startup and edge home page

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc startup and edge home page: i keep on getting this error message poping up on my computer when i start it up vm8SdnJJB and when i go on my microsoft edge home page it put my screen in a white blank.what is this and how do i get rid of it...
  6. Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup

in Browsers and Email
    Edge automatically launches Bing page on startup: I did something to my computer and now every time I wake it up from sleep it automatically launches a Bing page on Edge that appears to be set to a search for the screen image that was on the startup page. It never did this before so I must have inadvertently changed...
  7. Edge Jumping to Startup Page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Jumping to Startup Page: Occasionally I minimize Edge browser and when I maximize it, it jumps from the web page I was on when minimized to Edge start up page. I have Bing designated as start up when Edge opened. Any thoughts? 115735
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  9. Edge startup page does not work

in Browsers and Email
    Edge startup page does not work: The Edge startup page ("top sites and suggested content") only shows a blank screen - see below Startup page worked immediately after Win10 update. On 8/1/15 MS tech ran CCCleaner in failed attempt to solve anti-virus notification errors, and since this, I have not been...
  10. Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge: How to: Change Startup Page in Microsoft Edge How to Change Microsoft Edge Startup Page in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the...