Windows 10: edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1

Discus and support edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; the go back button on edge doesn't seem to have the ability to, when you click and hold on it, see many of the previous pages, so you can go back more... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimlau, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jimlau Win User

edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1

the go back button on edge doesn't seem to have the ability to, when you click and hold on it, see many of the previous pages, so you can go back more than one page per click. is that possible?

thanks.

:)

jimlau, Oct 29, 2015

2. When using Edge, why isn't there a drop-down list when you right-click on the "Back" button?

When using the Edge browser, why isn't there a drop-down list when you right-click on the "Back" button?

Sometimes it is necessary to go back further than one step, and clicking repeatedly wastes time, and sometimes one click is not helpful in actually taking the user back. If I have to close the window and start over, I'll shred Edge and go back to IE, or switch
    to Chrome.

X Y Z A B C, Oct 29, 2015
  3. rwjustus Win User
    Need a Edge Shortcut icon on the Desktop

How do you get it to the desktop? The metro interface will not go away so you can drop it.

rwjustus, Oct 29, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Do you mean this:

edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1 [​IMG]

Right click the address bar...

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  5. I think you're referring to one of the top EDGE complaints... The inability to hold down the "Back" (Left) arrow and see the pages you've visited at the current website, then subsequently navigate instantly back to the desired page at the site your visiting.

For instance, I'm here in the "Browsers and Email" subforum. If I wanted to immediately go back to the "News and Updates" subforum in IE, Firefox, etc.., I'd hold down the left arrow and each page visited at TenForums.com would be listed. I'd move my mouse down to the desired page, click on it, and I'm instantly there. Can't do that with Edge. The left /right navigation arrows will only increment one page at a time.

Hopefully, Microsoft will add this basic feature to Edge in the big (expected) November update. But it's always a good idea to use the MS Edge "Send Feedback" feature to report everything you like and don't like about this browser. Don't know if Microsoft reads any of them, but it gives you an outlet for feedback.

AllenChicago, Oct 29, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks Allen I just learned (for me) something new*Biggrin

Cliff S, Oct 29, 2015
  7. You're welcome Cliff. The browser's back button is a real time saver if you're 7, 12, 20 pages into visiting a site and want to go back to page 2. It also allows you to avoid the hugely annoying googleads.g.doubleclick that is added to many websites. That adware attempts to keep you on a page to view their ads... like you're stupid or something. Major newspaper and TV network websites are filled with that crap.

AllenChicago, Oct 30, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Microsoft's own sites started doing that too, such as Microsoft Community needs to be 2-3 times click fast to escape. I just open another tab and close theirs*Smile.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. edge back button - no drop down to go back further than 1 - Similar Threads - edge button drop

2. How to go back to old search button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  3. How to go back to old search button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to go back to old search button: Hey, so I updated my computer today and now instead of a little magnifying glass in the taskbar I have this horrendous looking little oval affair. How do I go back to just the magnifying glass?...
  4. 1 Button Back-up. Really?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    1 Button Back-up. Really?: I finally decided to try and back-up my desktop. Everyone here keeps talking about Macrium, so I just downloaded ver. 7 Home and a 422 PAGE manual. Really? This is easy? So I started reading the manual. It says Windows PE has to be downloaded when you start Macrium. Then...
  5. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  6. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: I was quite surprised at the lack of some of the basic features of Microsoft Edge that have been found in IE for years that are critical in my mind. One of these is the ability to have a drop down list on both the back and forward buttons in the browser to be able to quickly...
  7. Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results.

in Browsers and Email
    Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results.: Can't use the back button to go back to Google Search Results. Any fix? We notice this in Seamonkey 2.40 I also read this is kind of an on going problem but couldn't find a solution that why I am asking here. I read it has happen in Firefox, Internet Explorer and ironically...
  8. Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list

in Browsers and Email
    Back and Forward Buttons in Edge - dropdown list: In previous versions of IE, there has always been a way to access the recent pages you visited by using the back and forward buttons. By seeing a list of the pages, you could then select the specific one you wanted to go to instead of clicking through one page at a time until...
  9. go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    go back: if I go back to win 7, can I reinstall 10 later before the year is up? there is a few bugs that maybe they will fix in the coming months, so I am planning to go back to 7 and watch what is happening 12659
  10. Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting the "recording devices" drop-down back?: Since the win10 forums doesn't have a sound/audio sub-forum, I guess this is the spot. So I've got the old volume mixer back, but it does not have the drop-down for inputs? With 4 various inputs now being forced drill down to the speaker cpl every time you want to set...