Windows 10: Edge back to light mode

Discus and support Edge back to light mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently tried the Edge dark mode, by selecting the "dark" choice from the drop down menu at the top of Settings/Appearance page. Now, the Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zlatko_Ch, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Zlatko_Ch Win User

Edge back to light mode

I recently tried the Edge dark mode, by selecting the "dark" choice from the drop down menu at the top of Settings/Appearance page.

Now, the Edge won't return to light mode even though I tried to set it back to light like 100 times. The only difference at this moment when I toggle between the dark and light choice on that drop down menu is the darker color of the address bar - nothing else. The Edge's background color on web pages wouldn't return to light, and I've got huge problem noticing functional icons and/or links which are originally designed to be in gray shades.

As for the Windows 10 Setting/Personalization/Colors my setting is Windows Dark mode, but light default app mode. Please help anyone?

:)

Zlatko_Ch, Mar 3, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

You have to toggle it manually to change the Application Mode, we understand that is more convenient if there is an option to do it automatically. Thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We suggest that you send us a feedback by following these
    steps.

• On Cortana, type Feedback.
    • Choose Personalization and Ease of Access.
    • Select Input personalization.
    • You can vote if your suggestion is listed or can send us new feedback.

Rest assures that our Engineering team will do necessary action to improve Microsoft products.

Regards.

Marby Rey, Mar 3, 2021
  4. dwaw Win User

Edge back to light mode

silver light IE & edge

any suggestions? cannot install silverlight as IE or Edge will not install either, i presume silver light will not install due to the google browser? witts end!

dwaw, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Edge back to light mode

1. Edge back to light mode - Similar Threads - Edge light mode

2. No keyboard back light.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No keyboard back light.: No keyboard back light. New HP Win11 laptop. Spent all morning trying with and without Fn key + multiple others as suggested on net. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-keyboard-back-light/75bceaf4-5044-46f5-ac8c-96565fa717a3
  3. No keyboard back light.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No keyboard back light.: No keyboard back light. New HP Win11 laptop. Spent all morning trying with and without Fn key + multiple others as suggested on net. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-keyboard-back-light/75bceaf4-5044-46f5-ac8c-96565fa717a3
  4. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  5. Night Light mode

Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  6. Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.

Default theme reverts back to light mode after each restart.: I like to have my Windows dark, but after each restart anytime I shut down the computer the default app mode reverts back to light mode. The default windows mode stays at dark however. Is there a way to fix this? I'm getting tired of having to manually set it each time....
  7. Windows 10 keeps changing back to light mode after reboot

Windows 10 keeps changing back to light mode after reboot: Hello all. I've had an issue with Windows 10 lately, where after a restart windows keeps reverting my color to light mode. Its starting to get annoying whenever I start my PC I have to go into settings to change it back. I've tried changing the value of the...
  8. back light for keyboard

back light for keyboard: how do I light my keyboard up on an acer aspire 3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-light-for-keyboard/af4340df-486a-4ac1-824e-eb88582187a2
  9. Back light keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Back light keyboard: How do I turn it back on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-light-keyboard/9f3acb11-0950-4ff6-9f2e-3aa9862ecab8
  10. How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode: How to: How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode How to Change Microsoft Edge Chromium Theme to Light or Dark Mode Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web...