Edge blurry text rendering

Discus and support Edge blurry text rendering in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tzhu07, Aug 1, 2015.

1. tzhu07 Win User

What's with some of the blurriness with text on some sites. For example, the main navigation of apple.com is all fuzzy. Doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox.

[​IMG]

:)

tzhu07, Aug 1, 2015
  2. telemarker Win User

MS Edge/IE11 text rendering very blurry in W10 - v1511 (10586.11)

Is there any way to fix the blurry text-rendering of HTML text MS-Edge / IE11???

Since upgrading to Win10 I have noticed the rendering of HTML text in these browsers is quite blurry

This is not a problem for text in any other components of W10 - just the rendering of text in the microsoft web browser(s) which can be seen in this screenshot - very ragged text displayed in the browser screen, but perfectly clear text
    in the dialog window, so don't tell me it's a graphics driver issue :)

[​IMG]

This is the difference between Chrome & IE11

[​IMG]

telemarker, Aug 1, 2015
  3. el_loco---01 Win User
    Media Transfer

Check that you have set high resolution pictures under Options.

If you are opening the images with the Photos application you need to wait a few seconds for the image to render (5-10 seconds) while it's rendering a blurry preview of the picture is shown. Copy the pictures using MASS STORAGE to a PC and open the pictures
    there, are they blurry? Zoom in to see the text, is it blurry?

Post a sample picture in OVI SHARE, FLICKR, Photobucket, Picassa or other picture sharing site so we can see what you mean by "blurry text"

I have an N97 and the text is very sharp.

el_loco---01, Aug 1, 2015
  4. mrgolfr Win User

I have that issue too!

mrgolfr, Aug 1, 2015
  5. kevbo887 Win User
    Same here. Its rather annoying and causing me headaches on a few sites.

kevbo887, Aug 7, 2015
  6. xCyanideee Win User
    Me two its annoying me

xCyanideee, Aug 31, 2015
  7. kevbo887 Win User
    For some reason switching from a dvi cable to an hdmi cable fixed my issue. Not sure why though.

kevbo887, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Edge blurry text rendering - Similar Threads - Edge blurry text

1. Edge Opening Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Opening Problem: When I open Edge the image appears fleetingly on the screen, disappears and then re-opens. Any ideas please? 112330
  2. Microsoft Edge Beta for iOS receives new features for iPad users

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge Beta for iOS receives new features for iPad users: Microsoft is working very hard on regularly releasing new features for its Windows 10 default browser Microsoft Edge on both iOS and Android. The company has been regularly pushing out new features on both the rival platforms. Keeping with the same trend the Redmond Giant...
  3. Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge will block auto-playing media in Windows 10 Redstone 5: Microsoft’s Edge browser is way behind in terms of user base. But that isn’t because it is bad. It is because Google Chrome has been here for around 10 years and Edge is just new to the game. Microsoft adds new features to Edge with every major Windows 10 update. One new...
  4. Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge will soon support WebP image format: Microsoft remains committed to the Edge browser and the company recently announced that they have started implementing support for Google’s WebP image format in Windows 10’s default browser. Today Microsoft published a new extension in the Store called “WebP Images format”...
  5. How to Disable Plugins in Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable Plugins in Edge: CCeaner reports 4 plugins enabled in Edge. But, when I click select Extensions form the menu it shows no active plugins. Am I missing something?? James 112275
  6. Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Edge WebDriver capabilities, W3C support, and auto updates: Just last week, the WebDriver specification officially became a W3C Recommendation, defining a standard way for web developers and browser engineers to automate the browser. This is a major step forward for web site and web app testing, as well as cross-browser...
  7. MS Edge - Blurry Text

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Edge - Blurry Text: Decided to give Edge a proper go to see if I could get used to it. I'm actually quite liking it as it transpires, apart from one irritating issue: The text looks very blurry when compared with Chrome. I thought initially it was a "Clear Type" issue, but toggling Clear Type...
Edge blurry text rendering solved