Windows 10: Edge bookmarks disapearing

Discus and support Edge bookmarks disapearing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Blue Owl, May 11, 2017.

1. Blue Owl Win User

Edge bookmarks disapearing

I tried importing bookmarks directly from Chrome and tried importing from a file and get the same result with both. I have re-installed Windows Creators several times and still get the same results. Cleared everything from Edge and start over, same result.

When I first import bookmarks, everything is there and they work fine. After closing and re-opening Edge, many bookmarks are gone. Folder are still there, but most bookmarks in the folders are missing. Kind of makes my Edge useless.

Thanks

:)

Blue Owl, May 11, 2017
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, May 11, 2017
  3. Does Edge browser have a bookmark manager?

This answer is pointless and does not address the question: how to manage bookmarks once they are imported to edge.

I find no way in edge to move bookmarks from one folder to another, to sort bookmark folders or contents, or to move folders in or out of folders.

Outside of edge, I can find the bookmarks file when I search through files but it doesn't seem to match the actual bookmarks used by edge, i.e., I put a bookmark folder named "test" in the bookmarks while using edge. But that "test" folder didn't show in
    the bookmarks files under program files.

Very clumsy program from a company doing this forever - seem to have thrown away all the useful for something utterly maddening.

CatherineMcBride, May 11, 2017
  4. torre Win User

torre, May 11, 2017
  5. Blue Owl Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I already went through all those links last week. This is a different problem. I haven't been able to find anyone with this specific problem in this forum or on google search. I'll keep looking.
    I have re-installed Windows 10 creator several times and this has happened every time.

Blue Owl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge bookmarks disapearing - Similar Threads - Edge bookmarks disapearing

2. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  3. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  4. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my microsoft edge has disapeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft edge has disapeared: I have lost edge browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/my-microsoft-edge-has-disapeared/66a06963-9b02-4413-9366-f3caea62c4ae
  6. edge recreates deleted bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    edge recreates deleted bookmarks: its an annoying bit of problem. everytime i delete a bookmark, that same bookmark seems to have a mind of its own and spawns. in same location. what is wrong and how to fix it 74039
  7. Search Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Search Edge Bookmarks: Does anyone know how to open the Bookmarks folder in Edge and how to search the bookmarks ? Thanks in advance. Alan 53399
  8. Linking Edge Browers bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Linking Edge Browers bookmarks: Hey Guys, I have a desktop PC and laptop, both with Win10 install. I have saved all my bookmarks to my Edge browser on my PC. Is there a way I can sync my Edge browser on my laptop with the bookmarks from my pc. I know Google Chrome and Opera allow this feature but I...
  9. Change order of bookmarks in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Change order of bookmarks in Edge?: Is there any way to change the order of the bookmarks in Edge? I can't seem to drag and drop anymore. Matt 14442
  10. Edge Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Bookmarks: How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows edge bookmark bar disapearing