Windows 10: Edge Bookmarks

Discus and support Edge Bookmarks in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer. Thanks 31196 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zplugger, Nov 22, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Edge Bookmarks

How do I save my bookmarks in edge to transfer to another computer. I want my same setting if possible on another computer.

Thanks

:)

zplugger, Nov 22, 2015
  2. GTAE68 Win User

Edge - Favorites Import from Firefox - Obsolete Data Imported.

I have imported my Firefox Bookmarks into Edge using the most up to date version of Edge. Import executes with no problem. However, the imported bookmarks from Firefox correspond to an old, obsolete version of the Firefox bookmarks. I have no idea where
    Edge is finding this version of Firefox bookmarks. How can I ensure that the imported bookmarks come from the current Firefox profile and are consistent with the bookmarks that I see in Firefox?

Firefox: 51.0.1

Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

Windows 10, Anniversary Edition Update.

GTAE68, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Does Edge browser have a bookmark manager?

This answer is pointless and does not address the question: how to manage bookmarks once they are imported to edge.

I find no way in edge to move bookmarks from one folder to another, to sort bookmark folders or contents, or to move folders in or out of folders.

Outside of edge, I can find the bookmarks file when I search through files but it doesn't seem to match the actual bookmarks used by edge, i.e., I put a bookmark folder named "test" in the bookmarks while using edge. But that "test" folder didn't show in
    the bookmarks files under program files.

Very clumsy program from a company doing this forever - seem to have thrown away all the useful for something utterly maddening.

CatherineMcBride, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edge Bookmarks

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  5. zplugger Win User
    Thanks Shawn
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong but can't make it work. The computer I did the copy from was 10240. Trying to move it to 10586, but nothing happens. Should the new computer Edge look like the old computer edge setup?

zplugger, Nov 22, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That would be why then. That tutorial will not work with 10240. It's only for build 10565 and newer.

In build 10240, your Microsoft Edge favorites are location below.

Code: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites[/quote] When you are ready to import them, use the method in the tutorial below to import them to Internet Explorer first.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Afterwards, import them from Internet Explorer to Microsoft Edge.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 22, 2015
  7. zplugger Win User
    Thanks again for your help Shawn,will try it again with your new info.

zplugger, Nov 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edge Bookmarks

You're most welcome. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Nov 23, 2015
  9. RogP Win User
    Shawn,
    Great tutorial – thanks.
    I’m an older guy but new to the forum – I got here trying to fix an IE/Edge Favorites issue across several devices. I have a Win10 Desktop, Win10 Laptop and a Win8.1 Phone – my wife has a Win10 Laptop and Win10Mobile Phone and we have one Microsoft account to sync across the devices.
    I found a tutorial on how change the location for storing Edge favorites – using regedit to change from the database format to the traditional Favorites folder. The registry entry and values are:
    FavoritesESEEnabled DWORD

0 = Favorites folder
    1 = ESE database file
    I’d much prefer to use the traditional url format for the Favorites so I can change the Favorites on my wife’s laptop. It appears the tutorial mentioned above was taken down – it doesn’t seem to work after build 10586 – do you know if 10586 took away the ability to select ‘Favorites Folder’ as the location for storing Edge Favorites?
    Thanks for you help – tenforums is incredible.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Rog, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yeah, I removed the tutorial for that since it was discovered that changing to use the Favorites folder would cause you to no longer be able to add new favorites in Microsoft Edge.

Brink, Nov 24, 2015
  11. RogP Win User
    Thanks for the quick response - I'm glad the problem with Edge not being able to add new Favorites was caught - good job on removing the tutorial. Thanks for the help.

Thema:

Edge Bookmarks

1. Edge Bookmarks - Similar Threads - Edge Bookmarks

2. How to backup Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc.

in Windows 10 News
    How to backup Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc.: [IMG]Microsoft Edge is one of the popular and secure web browsers. If you are an Edge user, this post will be helpful for you because we will show here how to back up Edge Bookmarks, Passwords, History, etc. If you know this method, you can easily restore your bookmarks,...
  3. An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks: An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks to the hard drive backup ? I found one extension, but it was not possible to specify where to save the bookmark...
  4. An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks: An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks to the hard drive backup ? I found one extension, but it was not possible to specify where to save the bookmark...
  5. An extension or program that automatically saves Microsoft Edge bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  7. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons: I recently had to replace my hard drive and I am trying to load the Favicons file from my old user directory and get Error "0x800704C8 This operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open". I was able to move the bookmark file so all my bookmarks show...
  8. Updating Edge Bookmarks and Favicons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Edge update removes bookmarks and photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge update removes bookmarks and photos: When edge updated on July 27, 2022; I lost all my photos, bookmarks, documents and favorites. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-update-removes-bookmarks-and-photos/c5fa85fd-74f5-43a7-999d-9279bc4b3df4
  10. Edge update removes bookmarks and photos

Edge update removes bookmarks and photos: When edge updated on July 27, 2022; I lost all my photos, bookmarks, documents and favorites. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-update-removes-bookmarks-and-photos/c5fa85fd-74f5-43a7-999d-9279bc4b3df4