Windows 10: Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue

Discus and support Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 Pro systems. My laptop works fine (does not have the issues noted below, so I know what is supposed to correctly happen) but my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Archer269, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Archer269 Win User

Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue

I have two Windows 10 Pro systems. My laptop works fine (does not have the issues noted below, so I know what is supposed to correctly happen) but my desktop PC has two issues associated with the Edge Browser and the "Download Folder":

1) The Edge browser does not download into the "Download Folder" - fortunately they left IE11 and I can use that for downloads....
    2) Trying to access the "Download Folder" from the Edge browser results in the Edge Browser shutting down and the "Download Folder" not opening.

Anybody have a corrective action for both of these (probably related) issues?

:)

Archer269, Aug 31, 2015

2. very slow or worse and many long running scripts

I assume this is a edge browser issue ?

You can dig up ie11 from This PC and programs or programs x86 folder.

Then just download a better browser if ie11 suffers the same issue.

ThrashZone, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Immanuel Van Meirhaeghe, Aug 31, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Open few tabs in Edge, go to Task manager, right click Edge, select go to details from the drop down menu, right click all instance of Microsoft Edge Content Process and click End Process, reboot and see whether it works properly.

brummyfan, Aug 31, 2015
  5. Archer269 Win User
    I have tried that already - it did not fix the issues. Any other suggestion(s)?

Is it possible to remove and reinstall Edge like you can do with IE?

Archer269, Aug 31, 2015
  6. Archer269 Win User
    I solved this one on my own. I have an SSD and enough RAM to have a RAM Disk for improved performance. I moved the IE Temporary Folder to the RAM Disk. Unfortunately, Edge has an issue with that. I found that out when I moved the folder back to the C drive and the issues went away.

Now, if Microsoft can see their way to supporting Power Users, I and we would appreciate it...

Archer269, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Browser Access to Download Folder Issue - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Access

2. Browser Download Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser Download Issue: Hi, I don't understand why all of my browsers can't download anything in my Windows 10. I tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome. Both of them will download a .tmp file when I clicked a download option. However, the .tmp file will never turn into the correct file style and I can't...
  3. Browser Download Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browser Download Issue: Hi, I don't understand why all of my browsers can't download anything in my Windows 10. I tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome. Both of them will download a .tmp file when I clicked a download option. However, the .tmp file will never turn into the correct file style and I can't...
  4. Browser Download Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Edge Browser Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Issues: I can’t imagine how embarrassing it could possibly be tohave a browser that just doesn’t work. Needless to say I’ve actually given theclass for Windows 2000. I know it was a long time ago and you’ve gotten bettersince then, but hey it really is painful to see this not work...
  6. Controlled Folder Access for browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Controlled Folder Access for browser: Hi I have been using CFA for some time now but have run into a problem saving email attachments to My Documents folders. I access my gmail account on the web using the Brave browser and have noticed that I can only download attached files to my Desktop folder. This seems to...
  7. Login issues in Edge browser.

Login issues in Edge browser.: I am a user of Chrome browser but after the launch of new Edge browser i thought to give it a try. Everything was perfect in the browser till i saw a major issue which was common to all the previous versions. I logged in a website and bookmarked it in order to open the logged...
  8. Edge Browser will not rename folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser will not rename folder: I have posted about this problem before. So here goes again. I am in 1903 version, but it does not make a difference what version I am in, the edge browser cannot rename a folder and add a web site to that folder when I am in the "add favorites or reading list" This can't...
  9. edge browser refresh issue

edge browser refresh issue: Since a few days ago my edge browser keeps refreshing while on a site like facebook or linkedin. I turned off the auto meta refresh option as someone suggested and deleted cookies but it still does it. It's really frustrating that while in the midst of doing something the...
  10. Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge browser downloads issue: Hi I am trying to download a zip of 5.5 GB, every time I tried it stops in its way and from there no progress. It appears that download was paused but actually it's not. Anyone faced similar issue or have the solution, please help me here. The most annoying thing when I tried...