Windows 10: edge browser always open

Discus and support edge browser always open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gene LouisRaoul, Mar 19, 2019.

1. edge browser always open

when I scan with my firewall I receive message edge browse open

:)

Gene LouisRaoul, Mar 19, 2019

2. edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 19, 2019
  4. edge browser always open

edge browser won't open

I had the same problem and tried all the suggested options, but none of them worked. Someone posted they had found a problem with the Trusteer Endpoint security software written by IBM and supplied by various banks.

I uninstalled Trusteer Endpoint and Edge now works, but when I tried to reinstall Trusteer Endpoint, it wouldn't install using Edge as it said I wasn't using a supported browser. Looking at the list of supported browsers, Edge isn't on it, but IE, Chrome
    and Firefox are.

GordonPenny48, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

edge browser always open

1. edge browser always open - Similar Threads - edge browser always

2. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  3. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browser is not opening: I can't seem to open the Microsoft edge browser, it works welll with Chrome and Firefox browser, the Edge runs in the background but it wont display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-browser-is-not-opening/5f4f6d33-2a2a-49c6-911d-eab74da57e74
  4. Microsoft Edge browser is not opening

in Cortana
  5. No Browsers Open Except Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Browsers Open Except Edge: Excuse me for sounding a bit flustered here, but I'm genuinely at my wits end with this shit. I decided tonight I was going to improve my internet security. I got LastPass for storing passwords, and ExpressVPN as a... well, VPN. Out of nowhere after doing these two things,...
  6. edge browser always open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    edge browser always open: When I scan my system with the firewall I receive the message that my edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/50cde4ff-56e8-4eeb-97fd-fb9518c2f000"
  7. edge browser always open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    edge browser always open: When I scan computer with my firewall that the edge browser is open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-always-open/083c9731-22ea-45bc-b136-050b9261fbdd
  8. view in browser always opens Word not browser

in Browsers and Email
    view in browser always opens Word not browser: Checked defaults but but when i click on a "view in browser" in Outlook 2010 it opens the file in Word 2010 - i can't seem to find how to stop this from happening - anyone have an idea? 64427
  9. cant open edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    cant open edge browser: hi all;i cannot open the edge browser.The blue page only comes on for a few seconds then goes off.I have tried deleting my other browsers so edge is the only one but it still does the same thing.Would living in the uk have any bearing on this?Your help is needed. thank you...
  10. "view in browser" always opens Word not browser

in Browsers and Email
    "view in browser" always opens Word not browser: hi - using Windows 10 my default browser is chrome URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol” is set to chrome ​but when i click on a "view in browser" in Outlook 2016 it opens the file in Word 2016 - i can't seem to find how to stop this from happening - anyone have an idea? 38021