Windows 10: Edge Browser automatically shuts down

Discus and support Edge Browser automatically shuts down in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Miriam1559, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

Is anyone experiencing this? As soon as I open the browser, it shuts down within a second or two. Sometimes I will get lucky and be able to view a page but as soon as I hit a button on my keyboard, it shuts down again. I have tried fixing the start tab page but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have any feedback? Please and thank you.

PS: I sent Microsoft an e-mail and contacted Best Buy for help but no luck.

:)

Miriam1559, Aug 22, 2015
  2. SamFerrer Win User

Chrome and Firefox for windows 10

The only browser that doesn't get shut down is edge. Win 10 has been shutting down chrome, IE, and Firefox. Firefox is my browser of choice.

SamFerrer, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser crashes when trying to open anything

Original Title: "Microsoft Edge Browser"

Microsoft Edge Browser opens for just a short time and if I click on it ... anywhere, it doesn't matter where - it closes and shuts down.

The program does not allow me enough time to do anything. It shuts down.

If I attempt to add another page (+ tab) it shuts down.

Help!

Is there a way to remove the edge program and re install it from scratch?

This program is in an endless loop.

Thank you very much

Gloria A V Dueltgen, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

I think i replied to your thread couple of minutes ago

Solved Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it - Windows 10 Forums

Try and add another User in your system, then log in to that user account and see if you still get the Problem with Edge.

Windows10users, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Miriam1559, Aug 22, 2015
  6. Keep us updated, what fixes the issue for you.

Are you seeing this error after Recent windows 10 update?

Windows10users, Aug 22, 2015
  7. I sure will. *Smile
    The problem began yesterday before my update. I was hoping the update would fix it. I can only wait now. . .

Miriam1559, Aug 22, 2015
  8. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

@Miriam1559 Any update? is the issue already fixed for you?

Windows10users, Aug 23, 2015
  9. Nope. . . :-(

Miriam1559, Aug 23, 2015
  10. Tried Turning On Windows firewall? if you have turned it off then turn it on again and open MS Edge.
    Update here if that helps.

Windows10users, Aug 24, 2015
  11. brummyfan Win User
    Try making Edge the default by going to Control Panel, Programs, Default Programs.

brummyfan, Aug 24, 2015
  12. No luck yet. I turned off my firewall but even that didn't help. I'm not sure why I have been having this problem. I have used Edge before and never had troubles. I finally just gave up on it and switched back to Firefox. I got tired of waiting. Thanks for the help! *Smile

Miriam1559, Aug 25, 2015
  13. Edge Browser automatically shuts down

Hello. . . It was my default browser and the shutting down kept happening randomly. :|

Miriam1559, Aug 25, 2015
  14. brummyfan Win User
    Open task manager, right click Edge, select Go to Details, right click any Edge process, click End task in Details tab, reboot and see whether it fixes the problem.

brummyfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser automatically shuts down

1. Edge Browser automatically shuts down - Similar Threads - Edge Browser automatically

2. Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...: Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10 minutes. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-beta-for-windows-10-the-browser/d9bd7076-726f-42a9-85df-a7cf774cc06e
  3. Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10...: Microsoft Edge Beta for Windows 10 - The browser shuts down automatically every 10 minutes. How to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-beta-for-windows-10-the-browser/d9bd7076-726f-42a9-85df-a7cf774cc06e
  4. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  5. Shuts down automatically....?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shuts down automatically....?: Today when I was just tried starting up my laptop it didn't power up so I thought it may be less battery power issue so i charged it but after 4 hrs it still didn't start i long pressed the power button then it starts but shut downs automatically but still I tried again and...
  6. Every browser besides edge shuts down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every browser besides edge shuts down: Every browser besides edge shuts down after 30 seconds to 2 minutes ( I don’t know the exact times) NOTE: I built my pc and did not buy a windows key. I don’t think that’s the problem because it worked on my friends computer and it’s fine for him. submitted by...
  7. Laptop shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shutting down automatically: My Asus laptop has just started shutting down on it's own while I am still using it. Can someone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutting-down-automatically/021eaee6-0b80-4784-b33b-7a7205b1a69a
  8. Automatic shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic shut down: Since recent updates my computer will automatically lose the screen and has to be restarted. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for occurances. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-shut-down/ed48e7ad-7223-4c82-bbc2-8a7a77185a97
  9. Edge reluctant to shut down

in Browsers and Email
    Edge reluctant to shut down: Since Christmas, all the Insider preview builds have caused me grief. I had hoped 14316 would have a better Edge, my ordinary upgrades of W10 seem to work ok with Edge. When I left click on the top rhs cross, I expect Edge to instantly close, which only works about 50% of the...
  10. Edge browser shuts down on loading anything

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser shuts down on loading anything: Just completed a clean install of TH2 (1511) on a Lenovo Via Nano-based netbook (blow, fan, blow...) prevously running Win7, activated using previous credentials via the genuineticket.xml method. The ISO source is the same one that I have used on several other machines...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge shuts down automatically

2. edge browser shutting down

3. edge shuts down randomly