Windows 10: Edge Browser - Couldn't go anywhere - NO URL worked

Discus and support Edge Browser - Couldn't go anywhere - NO URL worked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm a FireFox user and rarely use Edge. I needed to check a website using Edge, but when I fired it up, it loaded the default MSN stuff, etc. However,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eagle51, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Eagle51 Win User

Edge Browser - Couldn't go anywhere - NO URL worked

I'm a FireFox user and rarely use Edge. I needed to check a website using Edge, but when I fired it up, it loaded the default MSN stuff, etc. However, I couldn't go to any sites ... no URL worked and a bunch of errors got generated in Event Viewer for Edge. I tried the usual fixes (clear cache, powershell edge reset, etc) ... but nothing worked.
    I ran across a technet post that referenced a youtube video (sorry I didn't bookmark it) that referenced a reg key, that for whatever reason I was missing. In all the fixes I've seen none have mentioned anything about this reg key. So, I added it and Edge starting working again and no more Event Viewer Errors about Edge.

Open Regedit and navigate to the following key and see if you have the Spartan key. If not then add it.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
    Right Click on Internet Explorer > New > Key > Type in Spartan
    Click on the Spartan key and in the right pane
    Right Click > New > Dword32 > Type in RAC_LaunchFlags
    Right Click on RAC_LaunchFlags > Modify > Set to 1

Edit: Now that I knew how to refine my search. I found a post about it.
    Fix: Microsoft Edge doesns Tech and Windows World

:)

Eagle51, Sep 28, 2017
  2. Pnutzs Win User

dishanywhere and windows 10

My husband had the same issue. He made i.e. 11 the default browser, and then the dish anywhere will work. This browser will the default browser rather then edge.

Pnutzs, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Cortana with Explorer 11

I clicked on that button, and now it works as the default browser. However in the section of default apps I don't have the option to select Microsft Edge. So if I change it to Chrome, iI couldn't go back to Edge anymore.

Márton Hegedűs, Sep 28, 2017
Thema:

Edge Browser - Couldn't go anywhere - NO URL worked

1. Edge Browser - Couldn't go anywhere - NO URL worked - Similar Threads - Edge Browser Couldn't

2. Edge won't navigate anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge won't navigate anywhere: Windows 10 is up to date it stopped working suddenly. It just cycles instead of navigating to any internal or external website. Tried repairing or using incognito and receiving same issues....
  3. Edge won't navigate anywhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge won't navigate anywhere: Windows 10 is up to date it stopped working suddenly. It just cycles instead of navigating to any internal or external website. Tried repairing or using incognito and receiving same issues....
  4. Edge browser is not working

in Cortana
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  5. Edge browser is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser is not working: I can't open my Edge browser however Chrome and Firefox works well , how can I rectify this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-browser-is-not-working/f025f59b-84ab-416a-a65b-bd74e3d134b5
  6. Edge browser is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Edge browser not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge browser not working: My PC installed the new Edge browser last night. So when i turned it on today I had it. When I tried to open the Google Keep website it opened it and then just completely froze and i couldn't use the website at all. It eventually glossed over the page and officially froze and...
  8. Only edge browser works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only edge browser works: The only browser that works on my computer is edge, I prefer chrome and Firefox but when I click the application it immediately closes. I have tried uninstalling them with control panel and Revo uninstaller then reinstalling but the issue still occurs. I just don't want to be...
  9. Connecting with Dish Anywhere with Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting with Dish Anywhere with Edge: Dish Anywhere says Edge is not compatible. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-with-dish-anywhere-with-edge/e911d0d3-ecb6-48fb-be7c-d831c52f36b7
  10. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...