Windows 10: Edge browser direct links

Discus and support Edge browser direct links in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by oldyeller38, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Edge browser direct links

My direct links in Edge browser suddenly stopped working on the 22nd. I found Shawn’s page & downloaded the MS reg file (Enable_Preload_Start_and_New_Tab_page_in_Microsoft_Edge), which worked for 5 or 6 times as a direct link to open the website then reverted back to having to enter email & password to access my favorite sites again. I’ve been using Edge browser for almost a year now without any issues. Does anyone have a suggestion of what it may be?
    I also use IE Bing as a backup to Edge which I'm using now.

:)

oldyeller38, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Edge browser is not working!!!!

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

• Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Edge browser direct links

EDGE Browser issue with secured login (HTTPS)

Hi Ram,

It is possible that the issue is due to compatibility or the browser components causing this matter to occur. We
    suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
    and check if there are any changes. To reset these browsers, refer and follow these links and guide:

Edge:

Kindly refer to this
    link from TechNet.

Internet Explorer 11:

To reset Internet
    Explorer 11, follow these steps:

• On the upper-right corner, click the
      Gear icon
      beside the
      Smiley icon.

• Choose
      Internet Options.

• Under
      Advanced
      tab, click on
      Reset.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Edge browser direct links

1. Edge browser direct links - Similar Threads - Edge browser direct

2. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  3. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  4. Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links: Good morning,On the Edge browser, there are quick link tiles at the bottom of the page quick links to favorite websites. I am able to edit, remove and new tiles. After removing the unwanted tiles, I restart the browser, and the default tiles are automatically added back....
  5. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  6. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  7. Link re update via Edge browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link re update via Edge browser: is this a valid link ? https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security?ocid=security_inp_omc_win_spo_stage2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/link-re-update-via-edge-browser/dc2581e1-65e7-4a1c-b226-d97da7b30aad
  8. Trying to create a desktop link for Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to create a desktop link for Microsoft Edge browser: Hi, in a recent update it created a link on the desktop for Microsoft Edge and at the time I decided I didn't want it ….. now I think it might be a good idea? Problem is, I dragged the Edge icon onto the desktop but it's not the same size "e" as it was and I don't know...
  9. Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Telephone numbers showing as links in Microsoft Edge Browser: When viewing my web site pages in Microsoft Edge browser, all the telephone numbers appear as links even though they are not. When I view pages using Firefox they look like an ordinary list of telephone numbers as they should. They also look like ordinary telephone number...
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765