Windows 10: Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app.

Discus and support Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The updated Edge browser included with windows 10 version 1803 fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity Online TV and with the HBO NOW app and yet IE -11,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by William GEddowes, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app.

The updated Edge browser included with windows 10 version 1803 fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity Online TV and with the HBO NOW app and yet IE -11, Chrome, Firefox, Waterfox, Opera and Vivaldi ALL can stream BOTH without incident.

It seems Microsoft cannot legitimately claim it has the world's most modern browser when it's predecessor and major competitors can stream from WiFi servers offered to the general public by entertainment channels and EDGE cannot!

:)

William GEddowes, Sep 9, 2018

2. Xfinity (Comcast) homepage says browser is not updated....running IE11

Xfinity (Comcast) homepage says browser is not updated...for security purposes update browser).......running IE11. Not able to access some of my Xfinity email accounts; though, I can access other account information (set up is through Pennsylvania Xfinity).
    I can access a couple of Xfinity email accounts I have set up through Xfinity in Florida. Same thing happens while using EDGE!!! Happened about the middle of April 2017.

FrankMackey, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Xfinity.

Does anyone know when, or if we can expect a Xfinity app, or an HBO app?

broos77449, Sep 9, 2018
  4. ArthurDye Win User

Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app.

How do I import my Comcast Xfinity mail contacts into the people app in microsoft windows 10

How do I import my Comcast Xfinity mail contacts into the people app in microsoft windows 10 ( step by step please, I am IT challenged) Thank you.

ArthurDye, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app.

1. Edge Browser fails to connect with Comcast Xfinity online TV -or- HBO NOW app. - Similar Threads - Edge Browser fails

2. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  3. Movies and TV app says I'm not online

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and TV app says I'm not online: I run Windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad. This Thursday Feb. 8 I tried to watch a movie on the Movies and TV app and received the following message "There is a network problem. Make sure your device's clock and time zone are set correctly, then try again." with the error code...
  4. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  5. Edge browser - All searches fail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge browser - All searches fail: Windows 10 - Edge browser: ALL searches from the address bar fail with the following message:The connection for this site is not securesearchesmia.com sent an invalid response. Problem has just started on my desktop but works fine for my laptop. In looking for differences...
  6. Modify Edge Browser in Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify Edge Browser in Apps: What happens if I elect to modify this app since I can't uninstall it? I only use FF & Chrome and hate being forced to open Edge when I want to browse the web......
  7. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1: Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-browser-on-xfinity-x1/6e803994-1ac3-4641-b9fc-13b45dba9330
  8. Edge Browser for smart TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Browser for smart TV: Hello, I have a Samsung smart TV. It came with a browser pre installed. I would love to add a Edge browser if possible. Does anyone know if its possible to do so. Thanks in advance....
  9. No Browser but Edge Will Connect

in Browsers and Email
    No Browser but Edge Will Connect: Our problem is eerily similar to the one posted by grandpa1948 Edge browser owns my laptop. I didn't want to piggyback onto his thread, and from reading his thread, he didn't seem to achieve any resolution. This is a Toshiba Satellite L755-S5153. It has Firefox, IE11 and...
  10. All browsers freeze streaming video from Xfinity / Comcast

in Browsers and Email
    All browsers freeze streaming video from Xfinity / Comcast: So, Xfinity/Comcast did a major update to their web page used for streaming live TV and On-Demand. It used to work OK with the previous web site, but now when I stream live TV or movies they freeze every few seconds to every few minutes. Pretty weird, but in almost all cases...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant access xfinity sign in on edge

2. can not view xfinity tv with edge browser

3. xfinity app for microsoft edge

4. microsoft edge xfinity comcast,
  5. xfinity stream not working on edge,
  6. xfinity stay signed in on microsoft edge,
  7. xfinity streaming for edge not working,
  8. edge comcast app,
  9. windows 10 microsoft edge xfinity doesnt stay sign in ,
  10. why xbo web browser cant play xfinity,
  11. Problem logging into xfinity from edge,