Windows 10: EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

Discus and support EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error: "Something is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dogital, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dogital Win User

EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

Everytime I download a pdf document within the EDGE browser, it's going to open it automatically, and then it shows this error:

"Something is missing

To view a PDF, you need some media functionality that you don’t currently have. You can install the Media Feature Pack to view this PDF."

Is there anywhere I can download Media Feature Pack for windows 10?

Or is there anyway I could use adobe reader to open PDF documents in EDGE?(Under system default app settings, .pdf is already linked to Adobe reader)

:)

dogital, Jul 30, 2015

2. Microsoft Edge in Windows phone

After latest update of my windows phone (happened before two days, on 17 Feb 2018) the Edge stopped to opening pdf files.
    Any time when a pdf file is selected to open with Edge a message such as the "ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/ErrorPages.html?error=100000#file:///D:/Documents/sok/Statiki_Antoxi.pdf" appeared in the command line of the Edge.
    The error is indepented from file or the location of the file (SD card or phone's memory).
    The files can be opened using alternative pdf reader such as the PDF Reader.
    The phone is the Lumia 640, the current version of the operating system is: 10.0.15063.909 and the revision number of hardware/software is: 02177.00000.15184.36002.
    Any idea to still using the Edge as pdf browser?

Or alternatevily how can I change the default pdf browser from Edge to another browser?

محمودبيصر, Jul 30, 2015
  3. dimik9621 Win User
    Microsoft Edge in Windows phone

After latest update of my windows phone (happened before two days, on 17 Feb 2018) the Edge stopped to opening pdf files.

Any time when a pdf file is selected to open with Edge a message such as the "ms-appx-web:///assets/errorpages/ErrorPages.html?error=100000#file:///D:/Documents/sok/Statiki_Antoxi.pdf" appeared in the command line
    of the Edge.

The error is indepented from file or the location of the file (SD card or phone's memory).

The files can be opened using alternative pdf reader such as the PDF Reader.

The phone is the Lumia 640, the current version of the operating system is: 10.0.15063.909 and the revision number of hardware/software is: 02177.00000.15184.36002.

Any idea to still using the Edge as pdf browser?

Or alternatevily how can I change the default pdf browser from Edge to another browser?

**Moved from Microsoft Edge / PDF, EPUB, and reading / Windows 10**

dimik9621, Jul 30, 2015
  4. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

Could this be because you have the "N" version of Windows 10 installed?

I'm looking for a way to do the opposite, as at the end of your question: I want PDFs to open in Acrobat Reader.

nigelmercier, Aug 2, 2015
  5. TWright Win User
    Also, file type .aspx does not offer Adobe as a default. What is Media Feature Pack and where do I find it? Why doesn't Microsoft fix Edge to open PDFs? This is NOT an upgrade to IE!

TWright, Aug 24, 2015
  6. All of the above works. Bad install could be the issue. My first update (29 July 2015 one) worked flawlessly until MS first big patch then everything failed. Clean installed win 10 around mid august and it has not failed since and, absolutely everything works including all drivers, and 3rd party stuff (lots of that including full on adobe, steam etc). Don't panic, back up or save what you need and start fresh.

lopedoggie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document

1. EDGE browser fails to open any PDF document - Similar Threads - EDGE browser fails

2. How to Sign a PDF document in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Sign a PDF document in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Here is a guide that shows you how to sign a PDF document in Microsoft Edge. Signatures are basically used to get or provide consent or approval on documents like contracts, legal documents, applications, forms, and more. Just like how you add inked signatures on a...
  3. Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser edge, chrome.. adds the pdf to download again instead of opening.: Whenever I try to open any pdf from my computernot the web in a browser, be it edge, edge dev or chrome it starts downloading pdf again and saves it in downloads folder. When I would open it again it would start downloading again and overwrite the previously downloaded...
  4. How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH]Besides many good features, Microsoft Edge is also a handy PDF reader. Apart from viewing a PDF file, it provides some good tools to use […] This article How to Highlight Text in PDF documents in Microsoft Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. PDF opening in browser

PDF opening in browser: I downloaded some files from another person's google drive and when I open them it does so in chrome. I want them to open as a PDF not in a browser, can this be done?...
  6. Cannot open .pdf documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open .pdf documents: Hello, I've used .pdf for years on my computer, I've been using Windows 10 for since it came out. I see on your site that there were earlier problesm like this when it first came out. I've not had this problem before, but starting last week I can't open .pdf files. I get...
  7. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  8. Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - fails to open websites on certain machines: Hi all, I wanted to ask the forum about this issue that I`ve seen with edge for some time now, to verify its a known issue or otherwise. When using edge to browse to any given website, on some machines, edge simply will refuse to load the site. I can force the page to load...
  9. Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file: I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview. Print to pdf does work on the laptop from any other app such as Word, OneNote, etc. I can print to pdf from Edge on my desktop...
  10. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge browser fails to open